retro fitting Air con - smoke
Does anyone know how faesible it is to retro fit air con onto a modern car (referring to 2004 fiesta here) but equally applicable to most modern cars.
cheers
retro fitting Air con - Imagos
I'd say easier to sell you non air-con car and buy one with.

less hassle..
retro fitting Air con - Altea Ego
Less cost, and it works.
retro fitting Air con - Dynamic Dave
Taking a look back through the archives, Dave N (our resident a/c advisor) suggested these people:-

www.readerair.co.uk

Taken from the thread:-
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=1935
retro fitting Air con - Ian D
I fitted aircon to my 1998 Subaru Impreza last year, got a kit for £400 and 1 day of my time plus a gassing, total £520. However this ease of fitting is an exception to the rule as on these Imprezas the aircon was a dealer fit so the car is ready for the kit with all mountings/wiring etc. Almost certainly with modern cars the aircon is factory fit and as has been said better to sell the car and buy another with aircon already fitted.

retro fitting Air con - smoke
cheers guys, and thanks DD for the link. Its wierd since i would have thought that the wiring and mounting points for everything would have been in place, with just the switches and the part itself missing (it was present for example on the radio steering wheel controls, which i retro fitted). But at a grand or more i can live without :).

Sid
retro fitting Air con - Dave N
It shouldn't be too expensive on a fiesta as the dash doesn't have to be removed. Everything is accessible from the engine side of the bulkhead. Probably still looking at £6 or 700 though.