Fiesta brake fluid change - misterbarbel
The brake is due a change on my 1996 1.25 fiesta. How much new fluid do I need to purchase?, I can't find this on my Ford TIS CD or in the haynes manual.
Fiesta brake fluid change - pmh
Be careful about what fluid you use. The handbook is wrong in some cases for 96 Fiestas. There was a recall and Ford went to the trouble of issuing printed sticky labels to be fixed in handbooks with a warning.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=22...5

--
pmh (was peter)

Fiesta brake fluid change - SimonJ
Is all brake fluid the same?

Manufacturer sell "own brand" DOT 4+. Is there any reason not to use any other DOT4+ fluid (i.e not manufacturers)?
Fiesta brake fluid change - MW
I am not aware Ford fluid is special. If not, all Dot 4 must meet a British specification. Recently did my 230E Mercedes with a litre with some to spare. I always use an easybleed kit and blow out the old fluid first, and then bleed it once and bleed it again. Often some little bubbles on the second bleed, then the peddle is great. Get a litre as when you do not have enough its taxing! It also allows a good flush through.
I bought 2x500ml Commmer dot 4 packs in Wilkinsons for £2.8p each!
It is a good idea to buy new fluid early and stand it upright for 2 days so it settles with any bubbles gone.
Fiesta brake fluid change - Schnitzel
Yes, Wilkos is good for brake fluid, top spec, cheap, fresh as it's fast off the shelf. so cheap you may as well buy too much and use the rest to light bonfires or something.