I've done it this time - Happy Blue!
OK

So in August I sold the Volvo S80 to buy the Trajet for SWMBO. I took over her CR-V but couldn't get comfortable. I want to change it for something I can drive without getting back and neck ache in three minutes.

In the meantime in April father buys Subaru Forester, 1999 V with Auto. Bit basic but drives really really well. However he decides he wants something similar but with more kit, more room and less agricultural. I find new shape Forester Turbo Auto with leather for him. The dealer offers poor p/x against old Forester but superb deal against CR-V.

So, Honda goes, new Forester arrives and I will drive old Forester until I choose a leased car. Then I start nagging the Back Room about Saabs, BMW X3s, Volvos, and Audis. About to choose an amazing deal on BMW X3 when..............

Father: - I'm not sure I like new Forester
Me: - Why?
F: - The ride in the old one is better
M: - So?
F: - Tell you what, you take the new one and I'll keep the old one and when I go on a long trip and want heated leather seats and cruise control, I'll borrow it. OK?
M: - Err OK!

So, one year old Forester Turbo Auto with Leather Pack on my drive, 10,000 miles looks like it came out of the showroom yesterday and even SWMBO likes it. Lovely comfortable seats with great, slightly raised position and dead easy to get boys in and out for school. And fast!

Am I missing something?
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
I've done it this time - No Do$h
A slap on the back of the head for being a mardy, no make that lucky git? Abusive email for being smug?

Not what you had in mind?

;o)

No Do$h - Alfa-driving Backroom Moderator
mailto:moderators@honestjohn.co.uk
Its just silly. The new car was the perfect car for my dad. He is 70, so likes the higher driving position and ease of access. Alwasy was a keen driver, so Turbo was good for him.

Yep, I'm just a lucky sod.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
I've done it this time - Clanger
Jammier than Hartley's.

Enjoy.
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
I've done it this time - blue_haddock
why doesn't my dad do things like this?

mind you would i really want his 1.8 LX TD mundaneo?
I've done it this time - blank
Blinding, you lucky boy. Far nicer than an X3 too, IMO.
Yup, having driven a 3.0 X3, which was nice but clearly at lot heavier and clumsier than the Forester, I'm happy!
--