Cleaning window and sunroof rubber seals - Big Cat
Our Volvo lives out and all the window seals and particularly the sunroof seals are all green mouldy. On previous cars I've used warm soapy water and a nail brush but on this Volvo the seal seem to have a kind of felt surface on, so won't take any hard brushing.
Is there a chemical around than can be sprayed on and left to dissolve the green? The wife thought weed killer may help but I think the paint may get harmed.
Cleaning window and sunroof rubber seals - GGH
I was always told to use Gunk on green window seals, but as yet I have never needed to. Test a small area out of sight first in case it marks your paint.
Cleaning window and sunroof rubber seals - Stuartli
Perhaps one of the multi-purpose kitchen cleaners with anti-bacterial properties or thin bleach diluted in water - the latter will kill any mould.

The latter is best left for a while and then wiped thoroughly with a wet cloth.

I know bleach does the job because I use it neat on the bathroom shower's tiling overnight to kill any mould buildup (usually because someone has left the door firmly shut and it has no other form of ventilation).
Cleaning window and sunroof rubber seals - kithmo
Caravan cleaner cleans off mould and doesnt' harm paintwork/
Cleaning window and sunroof rubber seals - billy25
get some "aquarian algae-killer" from your local aquarists shop...it doesn`t kill fish, so i cant see it harming seals. :-)
Cleaning window and sunroof rubber seals - SjB {P}
I used Autoglym Vinyl cleaner to do just this the other weekend, and it worked a treat. A real 'new car' look and feel to the window rubbers on SWMBOs ten year old 306 now. Applied to the door rubbing strips and bumper covers on our one year old V70 also brought them up beautifully.

When I read the instructions on the container, I also noticed that it can be used on leather upholstery. After a quick test on a 'hidden' aread first, I sparingly did all the V70 seats, which have leather 'contact' surfaces and (to my annoyance, but that's another matter aired here already) vinyl 'other' surfaces. Again, it worked a treat, and removed the slight dulling of one year's use.
Cleaning window and sunroof rubber seals - Big Cat
I will give it a go this weekend. Thanks everyone.
Cleaning window and sunroof rubber seals - Victorbox
Just to clarify, is this Autoglym's Vinyl & Rubber Care rather than their Interior Shampoo cleaner?
Cleaning window and sunroof rubber seals - pastyman
Hi there,

there is a specific mould cleaner available, i believe its a mr muscle product avalable in any supermarket.

Pastyman...