306 eating fuses - P 2501
Hi
A while back i posted about my 1997 306 xtdt and how the 10 amp fuse for the dash lights,rheostat and heater blower kept blowing. ( www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=16034 )

well, yesterday i parked up at my house with the lights on,pulled the handbrake on and straight away the fuse popped.no lights.So i levered out the little recessed litter thingy in the center console and there lying under it was a coil of wires,perhaps 12 in total and 5 of them had been completely sheared through by the action of the handbrake! i would like to nominate this for worst design ever beacause these wires are routed right over the back of the handbrake arm, and failure must have happened very quickly. Anyway, my question is apart from the fuse popping every now and then,everything electrical in the car works and these wires seem to end with plastic block terminal thingies (two blocks have 5 very thick wires going to them) and are NOT attached to anything at all, so am i best just to insulate the bare wire ends as best i can, or solder and reattach?

Sorry for the long post, i hope this is of use to someone else with a similar problem.
306 eating fuses - Civic8
I would suggest unless pug do a loom mod for it.extend the wires
so they can be routed away from h/brake.solder the joints and use heatshrink sleeving to insulate.Insulating wires as they are.will most likely cause problem to come back and may cause a burn out.I expect someone who knows will let you know if mod available.?
--
Was mech1
306 eating fuses - was8v
my 306 has the same block connector connected to nothing. I'd just wrap the ends of the wires in tape and leave 'em, cos nothing is ever going to be plugged into it.

but then thats me for you.
306 eating fuses - P 2501
Thats what i'm going to do willsimm. the wires are just too small and badly damaged to solder and i can't be bothered anyway.
thanks for the replies.
Did I miss something here.if the wires dont have a supply ie not connected.how can they blow a fuse??
--
Was mech1
306 eating fuses - Dynamic Dave
Did I miss something here.if the wires dont have a supply
ie not connected.how can they blow a fuse??

It's probably a plug thats needed for a different model that could have heated seats or sat nav, for example. The wires to the plug are live, but as nothing is connected to them then no harm is done until the wires to it get shorted out.

And so first post stands.unless the wires can be relocated away from handbrake without extending.??
--
Was mech1