Landrover Discovery TD5 oil pump problem - disco
Hi all,

I have a Landrover Discovery TD5 series II, 1999 V reg, 42000 miles on clock and I have had a big problem with the oil pump bolt inside the sump.

The bolt comes loose, sprocket falls off, oil pump stops ending with a dead engine. Landrover feel this is nothing to do with them and that I need to purchase a new engine at a cost of £5500.

I have done some research and now know of other cases where people who have a TD5 have had to replace the engine or part of the engine.

If anyone knows of anybody who has had this problem or can give me any information regarding this please let me know either on this forum or by e-mailing me at TD5oilpump@hotmail.com

Many thanks
Landrover Discovery TD5 oil pump problem - estermesser
check out www.difflock.com and access the landrover technical forum post this message there , and wait for the hits ..hope this helps
Landrover Discovery TD5 oil pump problem - defender
bbc watchdog reported on this not long ago ,look up their website and you will find report and the phone nos and links you need ,Ihope this helps you .I am led to beleive L R will pay for repairs ,sorry dont have the link to this site it might be under previous reports on the watchdog site.
Landrover Discovery TD5 oil pump problem - Dwight Van Driver

www.tinyurl.com/ys46c

Also there was an article in LRO Mag a couple of months ago. Will see if I can dig it out .

DVD