Pug 106 Starting Probs and Immobiliser - Peter D
Two problems here that I need help with. 1/. My daughter has a Pug 106 1.1 98 Look 2 and occasionally when it starts it ticks over really slowly and rough but has no throttle response at all. Stop the engine and restart and all is well. I have checked all connections, all sensors and all is OK, stepper motor OK, 2/. Again, occasionally the immobiliser does not recognise the key and just does not start, clearly. I have wired an LED to the Anti theft link and sure enough sometimes it does not see the key. I have checked the detector coil in the ignition key and all seems fine. Is there a sensible method of bypassing the immobilizer so she can run the car for a few weeks to pin down the problem. You may not wish to post the answer on grounds of security so email me the fix. Regards Peter
Pug 106 Starting Probs and Immobiliser - mgk luton beds
poss map sensor fault/pipe blocked??
Thanks for your suggestion, Can you tell me where the MAP sensor is and what electrical characteristics it has. Thanks Peter
Pug 106 Starting Probs and Immobiliser - mgk luton beds
located on the bulk head with 3pin plug and rubber pipe going from it,pipe goes to inlet manfold
meter reading up to 5 volts if i remember right but other than pulling the plug off wont get ecu light on because runs between 0.1v to 5v so aslong as its connected and not down to earth sees no fault
these same sensors are fitted to most vauxhalls/pugs/ren/cit etc so get 2/3 from scrap yard and swap, see if it improves
reason for2/3 is that alot of them are faulty but no all!!new about 40 quid plus vat from vaux dealer
hope this helps
fbillytom@ntlworld.com
ex vaux tech
Thanks for that Appreciated. Regards Peter
Hi Luton Beds.

Now I am confused, I do not have a MAp sensor at all nor does my Haynes manual refer to one for the P& on Single point bosch injector. I have search all around the throttle body and can account for everthing. No MAP sensor and no MAF either on the 1.1 Ltr TU1M+ engine in late 97 and this car 98 but since cleaning the water temp sesor contacts and resaeting the ingition key inductive pool it has run peeeerfectly. Regards Peter.