Toyota Yaris or Nissan Micra - automaticallyuk
Can anyone give some advice on the following.

The Yaris seems to get the best reviews for small Automatic car, but at near £10K for the 3 dr 1.3 T Spirit, this is very steep.

The new Nissan Micra 3dr 1.2S auto seems to have all the kit and can be purchased for £7660.

Air con and alloys don't really bother me.

Is the Micra a good car in general and is the new auto any good? they have done away with the CVT box, which needed costly repairs after 40-50K? For a normal 4 speed unit.

Can a Micra be recommended. I actually like the look of the car, has good kit, is cheap to fuel and insure.

Any pitfalls?

Automan
Toyota Yaris or Nissan Micra - AngryJonny
My Dad used to own a Yaris. He traded it in for a new Micra a few months ago. He's been very pleased with both. The Yaris is tried and tested and seems to be holding its value well whereas the Micra is still a bit of a mystery. My Dad gets on well with the auto box as well, though I don't think he's too bothered about the performance.

One point - for some reason the Yaris made my Mum go deaf. Not sure why, but that's why they changed. She's had no further problems since they got the Micra. Weird.
Hi E34!

How does the autobox compare with the one used on the Yaris?

Do you know if the car has the creep function and does it hold on hills? Is the Nissan box easy to use?

And what sort of economy does he get from the Micra?

I think Toyota have shot themselves in the foot by dropping the cheaper trim level with the full automatic box, instead releasing the MMT box which has not had the best of receptions.

Auto

Hi HJ,

Uhhh! The same box as used in the Renault Clio!

I did not know that Renault used a Jatco box.

I guess we have all heard stories from Renault automatic owners who talk about boxes failing at low mileage and costing £1000's to repair.

So apart from taking a gamble, is it better to get a manual rather than an auto? the old Micra CVT also had a weak point too! And the automatic manuals are not raved about either.

Is it better to get manual?
Toyota Yaris or Nissan Micra - peterb
"Air con and alloys don't really bother me."

But Air will make the car much easier to sell on....