Peugeot 106 Cam Belt - Peter D
Recently bought a R Plate 106 67K form a main dealer but got them to change the Cam belt. Have given the car a once over and all looks good. Got a slight noise from the Cam belt area at tick over but vanishes then hot. Either the Tensioner was not changed by Peugeot or the the new belt is exciting the water pump bearing. Any thoughts here, what is the typical life of a 106 water pump. Regards Peter
Peugeot 106 Cam Belt - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
If it sounds like a gentle moaning noise at idle then the belt is a tad too tight. Get it sorted sooner rather than later and dont be fobbed off with 'it'll disappear as the belt stretches'
Andrew

Simplicate and add lightness!!
Peugeot 106 Cam Belt - Peter D
Thanks Andrew A brilliant description of the noise that is exactly what it is. The new belt has only done 75 miles since it was fitted and tensioned by Peugeot but my duagther is calling in there on Friday so she will get the mech to have a listen. It does only do it for the first mile or and only at tick over. Great Help Thank you. Regards Peter
Peugeot 106 Cam Belt - DL
Usually if a belt is over tight, it gets noiser as it heats up.......

I wonder if they replaced the tensioner? I have the remains of one on the bench at work after it broke up, bending 4 valves.

Value my car