Xantia air-con switches itself - musicanic
My Xantia estate (Mk2) has air-con and it has started switching itself on without the dash switch depressed. The light on the dash switch comes on too. I assume it is either a faulty switch or faulty relay. Has anyone experienced this, and can anyone tell me which relay - I could then test to find out which is faulty (or could it be wiring ?). Don't want to strip fascia to get at switch if not necessary.

Thanks
Musicanic
Xantia air-con switches itself - neil
Just a thought - there's no reference to it in the manual, but an all Mk2 Xantia's with a/c if you set the air distribution control to 'demist' you get aircon, whether or not the dash switch is on... dealer showed me. May be just that - or possibly the air distribution control cables need adjusting?
Of course being a Citroen, it could also be virtualy ANYTHING else, but good luck anyway!

Neil
Xantia air-con switches itself - musicanic
Thanks, Neil. It certainly isn't 'normal' operation, by the way the indicator flickers and the system switches on & off rapidly, but it's another possible source of the problem which I wasn't aware of. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and strip down the dash - and probably replace the switch anyway. Thanks, again.
John