Nissan Qashqai - Car broken into - what did they do? - CplKittenses
Had someone break into my car; they got away with the £2 in coins in the glove but nothing else. They did however remove a plastic panel on the underside of the dashboard (drivers side, just above the levers for opening the boot and petrol cap cover).

Should I be at all worried? Not sure if they just did this to stop the alarm going off or whether they were trying to start the engine. Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated!

Edited by CplKittenses on 14/10/2018 at 17:31

Nissan Qashqai - Car broken into - what did they do? - gordonbennet

I have no idea about the panel (but hoping to hot wire it might make sense to the likes of them), but suggest you carefully search all the seats, preferably armed with one of the those detectors one can use for finding wires/pipes etc in walls, you're checking for needles pressed into the seats...sounds outlandish and thankfully rare but there really are some evil creatures out there that manage to walk on their hind legs.

Nissan Qashqai - Car broken into - what did they do? - elekie&a/c doctor

Behind this panel is the 16 pin obd diagnostic socket. Presumably they were going to try to get the car running by scanning software that would allow the car to start ,then drive it away. I would get the socket relocated to prevent further issues.

Thanks! - that’s really helpful. Does this look like the panel you’re taking about?

imgur.com/a/bVh6bbE

Nissan Qashqai - Car broken into - what did they do? - elekie&a/c doctor

That's the one.The large white socket is the obd diagnostic link.

Thanks again - really do appreciate your expertise!. Do you think it’s worth taking it to a garage to see if they’ve messed anything else up (like could they have broken the alarm)? Sounds like we got lucky they didn’t make off with it - have to say I’m amazed they thought a 6 year old qashqai worth bothering with!

Edited by CplKittenses on 14/10/2018 at 18:50

Nissan Qashqai - Car broken into - what did they do? - Wee Willie Winkie

More likely they saw the handle and thought it was a cubby hole where there might be something worth stealing.

Nissan Qashqai - Car broken into - what did they do? - ExNHS

I have a friend with a Qashqai who always puts a Krooklok on when parked.

I keep on telling him that somebody will break into it sometime and steal the krooklok.

Nissan Qashqai - Car broken into - what did they do? - Avant

Some time ago I read about a car which had been stolen and subsequently recovered. The police founds that it now sported a Krooklok.

Some thieves are careful people.