- Engineer Andy
Re: AM and their choice for a new car. Sorry HJ, but the CX-3 Sport 4x4 isn't the choice I'd go for - it runs on 18in rims and the ride is firm (I tested a 2.0 Sport (non-4WD) which is only 0.3 sec slower to 60 on the same tyres.

The 2.0 SE-L Nav has more than enough kit and has 205/60 profile 16in tyres (an odd size and quite expensive when compared to the 55 profile equivalent, though still cheaper than the 18 ones), is a lot cheaper to buy and run, has a more comfortable ride but is still a great handling car. Oh and still does 0-60 in 9sec. The auto isn't quick (9.9sec to 60) but uses a reliable and smooth 6 speed torque converter unit.
- glidermania
Why do people feel the need to give their car registration for publication? Do they not care their plate could be cloned in a different part of the country by looking up the registartion details?
Honest John's Motoring Agony Column 28-04-2018 Part 1 - Engineer Andy
Re: AM and their choice for a new car. Sorry HJ, but the CX-3 Sport 4x4 isn't the choice I'd go for - it runs on 18in rims and the ride is firm (I tested a 2.0 Sport (non-4WD) which is only 0.3 sec slower to 60 on the same tyres. The 2.0 SE-L Nav has more than enough kit and has 205/60 profile 16in tyres (an odd size and quite expensive when compared to the 55 profile equivalent, though still cheaper than the 18 ones), is a lot cheaper to buy and run, has a more comfortable ride but is still a great handling car. Oh and still does 0-60 in 9sec. The auto isn't quick (9.9sec to 60) but uses a reliable and smooth 6 speed torque converter unit.

PS. ALL CX-3 Sport models have a FAR smaller boot than all the others below it (287 ltr vs. 350 ltr) as the upgraded ICE has to go in the 'underboot' area and also takes the space used by the space saver spare wheel and tyre (which doesn't come as standard on any model anyway and is extortionate if purchased via Mazda), which means Sport model owners (4WD or 2WD) cannot have a spare wheel unless it's stored in the main part of the boot. That's ver poor engineering design from a Japanese makes that normally doesn't make mistakes like that.

At least with the SE-L Nav trim you still get lots of goodies as standard, the 'normal' 16in tyres and the space for the spare wheel, even if it costs £400. If prospective buyers need 'proper' 4WD, then they need to buy a 'proper 4WD car', otherwise just fit the right sort of tyres that work in the weather conditions of your area (far cheaper).

- jchinuk
"Putting a foot in it" Though your answer is quite correct, the advice given by the dealer is funny, I love the concept that a Skoda (or indeed any car) would actually know which foot is pressing which pedal.