Mondeo 2.0 Zetec-too cheap? - midlifecrisis
My frien has become besotted with my MG ZT and wants one of his own. He's got a 2000 W reg Mondeo 2.0 zetec in silver, with 40'000 miles and FSH. He's mentioned a sum of £4000. I think this is way to cheap. Any thoughts?
Mondeo 2.0 Zetec-too cheap? - Morris Ox
Bit on the light side, MLC.

Selling it privately, he should be able to get £4.5-£5k if it's in good nick. A trade-in would probably yield £4-£4.3k depending on the deal.
Mondeo 2.0 Zetec-too cheap? - Miller
IIRC the Zetec was the run out model for the mk2 (96-01) Mondeo and could be bought new for just under 10k, which was fantastic value for money considering its spec. As for your mates I think 5k would be obtainable privately as long it was immaculate, and not may Mondeos have been worth 50% of their new price at 3 years old!

I'm a loser, baby....so why don't you kill me?!
Mondeo 2.0 Zetec-too cheap? - Blue {P}
I was looking at a smart enough 98 S reg 1.8TD LX with 85K on the clock at a garage the other day for 4000 quid (sorry the quid sign isn't working on my keyboard)

Looked like a nice enough deal at the time, but I'd rather have the Zetec, the same garage had a T reg 1.8 Zetec in at 4500 quid.

It does sound like he's been a bit low with his pricing... but at least he'll get a quick sale.
Blue
Mondeo 2.0 Zetec-too cheap? - DavidHM
I'd ask for £4750 and accept £4500, because low mileage Mondeos are like hens' teeth.

(Oh and it was the Verona that was under £10k but listed at nearer £14k, making it appear to be the highest depreciating car in the UK...)