Audi A4 B6 Tdi - Testing battery in situ - Steveieb
Is it possible to test my battery with a professional battery tester whilst the battery is in situ. I am concerned about damaging any ECU s etc.
And if it needs changing what is the best method of bridging the voltage to prevent the radi losing its code?
Audi A4 B6 Tdi - Testing battery in situ - elekie&a/c doctor

Certainly can be tested in situ.Find somewhere that uses a conductance battery tester.That way there is no damage possible.Don't think you need a battery saver on these ,as the radio code info is stored in the dash pod.

Audi A4 B6 Tdi - Testing battery in situ - Cyd

Have you got a multimeter? Do it yourself:

https://youtu.be/AT_XmlwMVz4

Audi A4 B6 Tdi - Testing battery in situ - kiss (keep it simple)

Even easier is to leave the car for a few days (preferably during a cold spell). When you start it does it struggle and crank slowly? Also, look at the dash warning lights, if they dim appreciably during cranking then the battery is weak and ready for replacement. Occasionally batteries fail unpredictably but if you know what to look for with these 2 methods then there's a good chance you will not be caught out. Interestingly, the capacity of the battery can be substantially reduced due to age and it will still start the car, but you will be stranded if you leave an interior light on overnight. I left the sidelights on once by mistake for a few hours and that was enough. After I replaced the battery I tested it and it was only storing 4Ah, but it would still start the car!