Peugeot 307 SW - Tail light blinking when using turn signal - koliva

Hi,

I have two videos for my problem. Shortly, the problem is, when I give right turn signal, the tail light starts blinking too. This doesn't happen on the left side. You will notice that the tail light is dimming each time the turn signal is on. Sometimes the tail light goes off completely during one period of the turn signal. If this happens, I hear buzzer is beeping at the back side of steering wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc4utSOhBJE&feature=youtu.be

After some time (~1 min.), the tail light runs like turn signal and the turn signal itself is very weak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqtEw-prksw&feature=youtu.be

I need to fix it because my car failed to pass the inspection :)

What I have done so far:
1. Cleaning the housing of bulbs.
2. Cleaning the ground jest behind the head light.

Any idea?

Edited by koliva on 03/10/2016 at 14:54

Peugeot 307 SW - Tail light blinking when using turn signal - Galaxy

It's probably an earthing fault. Check all the cables in the vacinity of the bulbs and lampholders at the rear. Check both sides for broken or unconnected cables. If you can find the earth cable check it is securely connected to the bodywork and it's tag is intact.

Peugeot 307 SW - Tail light blinking when using turn signal - elekie&a/c doctor
As above.Pull the connector off the rear light,you will probably find one of the pins has overheated and burnt.(most likely to be the earth pin).The official Peugeot repair is a wiring repair kit and lamp unit ,but there is a very simple and cheap alternative fix which requires a new earth lead to be run direct from the bulb holder to the wiring harness.

Ok. I will check that this evening and come back to you with an answer.

Thanks.

Peugeot 307 SW - Tail light blinking when using turn signal - Gibbo_Wirral

This is the cheap rear light cluster earth fix:

www.407owners.com/docs/rearlightbulbsold.pdf

But it rarely plaugues the 307, mainly 407 and 207.

The answer was right on the spot. When I removed the connector, I saw that the ground pin at the male side and it was almost broken in half. I soldered a new cable running from the female connnector directly inside of the bulb holder and it worked like a charm. Excellent help. Thanks a lot.