Supermarket 4x4 vs MPV - Dogbreath
Can anyone help me? I need a big car for a family of 5 and able to carry lots of stuff from the garden to the dump. Do I go for the MPV or a 4x4. I can\'t decide between the Honda CRV and the Honda Shuttle.
Supermarket 4x4 vs MPV - mal
Dogbreath, no matter what your choice is between two excellent motors why use it to transport garden rubbish.
Honda owners for some reason usually look after their motors so no difficulty finding a good one, assuming you are buying s/hand. Also it\'s most likely it will have a towbar fitted so have you considered buying a small trailer and keeping the inside of your car in good nick.
Supermarket 4x4 vs MPV - volvoman
Have you considered and ruled out an estate DB ?
Supermarket 4x4 vs MPV - nick
Why not get a cheap trailer for the garden rubbish?
I suggested that first!!!. :-)
Supermarket 4x4 vs MPV - Dogbreath
thanks for the replies. I have considered an estate but I want a jap car and I don\'t think there is a good jap estate in my price range - under £10k. I have looked at some old 2.2 adccord areodecks but can\'t find a decent one.
Supermarket 4x4 vs MPV - nick
So you did, mal. I must stop speedreading!

I must pay attention in class

There I feel better now.
Supermarket 4x4 vs MPV - bazza
Have you considered a Mitsubishi Galant estate, or Toyota Camry estate or Mazda 626 estate? All excellent cars and lots around for miles under £10K. If you don\'t have to have Jap, consider the Omega estate which is cavernous or one of the many Volvos. And yes, get yourself a nice little trailer, it\'s worth its weight in gold to me, used all the time ( and borrowed too!) Great for taking stuff to the skip. I\'d be lost without it!
If you don\'t need an MPV then do without, there\'s as much space as you need in a large estate car. If you must I\'d go for a Kia Sedona 2.9TD, an absolute bargain for the space you get. Similarly, unless you\'re a 4 x4 fan or go off road or tow a large van, you don\'t really need one of those either for your use. Final thought, old Land Rover County would solve all your needs!
Supermarket 4x4 vs MPV - DavidHM
www.drewsmotorco.co.uk/update/estates.htm

See what you think of these. I have no idea if they\'re anywhere near you of course but it shows what a Galant estate is and how cheaply they can be had.

I posted the link for the Galant but that E Class is tempting too ... :-) Plate it up and it looks like £25k\'s worth.

Before I became a Honda fan I had 3 Galants, all good cars and whenever I see a Galant Estate I get that \"wish I had one feeling\", I think they are absolutely gorgeous and they look good in that dark metalic red but at the moment I need to drive something a little more economicle hence the Civic and Jazz.

So if you think you could make do with an estate then forget about the idea of a trailer, these cars are a must to consider.

One day I *shall* own one of these motors in fact I think I will now go a googling to have another look at them, you never know........
Either I'm going daft it or this thread went "walkies for 5 minutes!!!!
Please confirm, either way.
Supermarket 4x4 vs MPV - Dynamic Dave
Mal, I temporarily hid it from public view while I did some admin work to it. One of my pet hates is people who post soley in UPPER CASE letters, so I edited the title, and didn\'t want further people posting to it until I had finished. DD.
Cheers Dave, nice to know I'm still sane.