Peugeot 207 - Engine warning light - brighteyes

Can anyone help with the latest problem on my wife's car? It's a 2012 Peugeot 207 (95) 1.4 petrol and last week the engine warning light came on even though the car was running normally. My wife averages 200 miles per week and does her twice weekly trip of 90 miles on a fast dual carriage in 90mins. We took the car to the main agent and after 2 hours of diagnostics the ECU fault codes were P1336 and P1340 but they didn't have a clue as to why, as the car was running perfectly. They contacted Peugeot Technical who advised that the error codes indicated a "misfire caused by short journy use" despite being told by the main agent that there was no misfire and that the car was mainly used on fast journeys.The main agent have reset the ECU and the engine management light is now working normally. At Peugeot Tech's behest we have got to fill up from empty with Shell V Max or similar premium fuel and return the car to the main agent who will add a fuel system service additive to the tank, change the engine oil and download the ECU and hope that cures the problem. Has anyone any idea what the hell is going on??? I'm wondering if Peugeot just want to keep it running until the warranty expires in March 2015. I'm sorry for the length of this post but I've tried to make sure all the facts are included.

Peugeot 207 - Engine warning light - Peter.N.

Unfortunately this is the nature of modern electronically controlled cars. If its driving OK I wouldn't worry about at least until the guarantee is about to expire.