Vauxhall Astra Sporthatch,Petrol,manual,1.6 - White smoke while driving through flooded tunnel? - Paul Sweeney

Not been long since I passed my test.

My first time driving over the flooded tunnel twice (From and return). I was driving along the tunnel at the speed of 20mph or less than that and when I looked at the rear view mirror there was white smoke coming out from the back of the car? Does it ruin the electrics or cause rust to the exhaust or something since I have no experience when it comes to cars.

Vauxhall Astra Sporthatch,Petrol,manual,1.6 - White smoke while driving through flooded tunnel? - skidpan

Could this be our sporty Fiesta owning friend with a different name and a different car.

If not perhaps they could get together. Would have loads to worry about.

As for water, cars get wet everytime we drive them in the rain. If you drive through flood water too fast it will get into the engine and wreck it. But since it would appear the OP drove through it twice it could not have been that bad (why do it a asecond time if it was) I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Vauxhall Astra Sporthatch,Petrol,manual,1.6 - White smoke while driving through flooded tunnel? - The-Mechanic

Possibly steam from the water burning off the hot exhaust and nothing to worry about ?

Vauxhall Astra Sporthatch,Petrol,manual,1.6 - White smoke while driving through flooded tunnel? - bathtub tom

If the OP continues to drive through floods at 20 MPH, I suspect it's not just water vapour coming off a hot exhaust they'll have to worry about.

Vauxhall Astra Sporthatch,Petrol,manual,1.6 - White smoke while driving through flooded tunnel? - Bolt

If the OP continues to drive through floods at 20 MPH, I suspect it's not just water vapour coming off a hot exhaust they'll have to worry about.

Like a water locked engine,my brother recently locked his doing less than that in his Mondeo,made a mess of the engine, now in great scrap yard in the sky

Vauxhall Astra Sporthatch,Petrol,manual,1.6 - White smoke while driving through flooded tunnel? - gordonbennet

I suspect this is another of those threads.

However my answer is, in order not to worry about doing things that worry one, if one doesn't do those things, one will stop being worried.

Vauxhall Astra Sporthatch,Petrol,manual,1.6 - White smoke while driving through flooded tunnel? - Bolt

I suspect this is another of those threads.

However my answer is, in order not to worry about doing things that worry one, if one doesn't do those things, one will stop being worried.

Some people just plain worry about anything no matter how trivial,my sil is like that!