Infiniti Ex30d - Manufactrers Warranty - Teejaybee

Hi all

Just bought a 2011 Infiniti Ex30d in great condition......apart from the alloys are "bubbling"

I've had this problem before with Mazda and Lexus, anyway the Infiniti still has the original warranty to the 12th June. I checked with the previous owner who said he hadn't even noticed. I have booked the car into Infiniti Reading for an outstanding warranty issue and at the same time I brought up the alloy issue which wasn't exactly met with any enthusiasm, I was told that it was unusual and that if anything had been done to the alloys there would be no question of warranty work. Of course I said that I was positive that they haven't been touched.

So, any tips on how to deal with the alloy issue, there is no parking damage so the corrosion must be down to a defect. I don't think its unreasonable to expect them to be repaired/replaced under the warranty do you?

Any thoughts appreciated

Infiniti Ex30d - Manufactrers Warranty - gordonbennet

Presumably these are lathe (or as they say) diamond cut and laquered and its the usual story of straggley spiders webs creeping under the finish, leading to ever larger spreading patches of corrosion as it takes hold, really unsightly, doesn't need to be damage as such to get started, even the slightest pin hole (kerb damage sir) will allow salt ingress and its all over.

I've seen brand new cars stored for several months having new wheels because of this finish, Japanese made but European badged.

Unless the maker wil replace with new, there isn't a lot you can do, they can be recut and relaquered, and 6 to 12 months later the same problem will rear its ugly head...unless you keep a spare set on the car during the winter, salt, season.

A silly showroom fashion fad this finish, no matter what the make is it doesn't last.

Some makers willingly replace these under warranty, some don't, this is Nissan so doubtful.

If you can get some contribution for refurb costs, then some of the new chrome paints give almost as good an effect as the original, and if they are painted (powder coated) and baked properly by a good company the finish should last years.

Best of luck.

Edited by gordonbennet on 25/05/2014 at 21:09

Infiniti Ex30d - Manufactrers Warranty - Niko from Infiniti

Hello Teejaybee,

I'm Niko and work on behalf of Infiniti Europe across the digital sphere.

I'm sorry to hear about your bubbling alloys, this isn't something that we have heard of often but I would like to help sort this for you.

To avoid spam bots, please could you either message us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/InfinitiGB) or Tweet us (twitter.com/InfinitiGB) and we can start looking into your issue straight away before the 12th of June.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Thanks,

Niko

Hi to Niko andgordonbennet

Many thanks to both of you fro replying. Niko, Inifiniti has agreed to refurbish all four wheels which is what I hoped for. A good omen for the start of my Infiniti ownership!

One thing is I'm surprised that Infiniti do not off er an extended warranty plan though, I appreciate generally they are very reliable cars but as one Infiniti Service Manager siad to me when they do go wrong it's expensive! Maybe there is something in the pipeline? Lexus offer such a thing and it's a good buy.

Kind regards to all

Infiniti Ex30d - Manufactrers Warranty - gordonbennet

Fair result that, and thanks for updating the thread.

Its an unusual car, so would you mind popping in now and again and letting us know how it works out over time please, sure i'm not the only one would be interested?

Will do, so far I'm very impressed, it's a very different beast to my Lexus RX400h which I loved, time will tell but at this moment I'm loving it!

I will post again once I've had the wheels done!

Cheers all