Ford B-MAX - Window closing & re-opening - wandererer

I purchased a new B-Max Ford 4 door end September 2013 and within a matter of only a few weeks had a problem with rear window closing and then re-opening.

As I left a supermarket car park and pressed the opening switch for the driver door window (a multiple switch cluster on my driver door) to enable me to insert the exit ticket I must have inadvertently activated the offside rear window which of course opened. Driver Error. When I went to close it the window reached the closed position but then reversed and opened again. Despite a wet day I managed to get to my local dealer and the mechanic fiddled with the rear door activator and got it to close.

I then had a repeat experience last month (but on the nearside rear window) so they booked the car in for examination which subseqently identified a problem but they couldn’t identify the cause. But the window then shut OK.

I then I had a repeat of this experience only a week ago and they advised collecting the car for further checks but meanwhile suggested a procedure of holding the closing switch until the window actually reached it’s closed position then rather than releasing it, to continue holding the switch for a further 5 or so seconds.

Amazingly that worked but.I am concerned there may be some fundamental fault I need to get resolved whilst the car is still under warranty.

I’m not sure whether the inertia of the rear sliding doors causes the ‘fault’ because it only manifests itself on the rear doors. I wonder whether you or your readers have any experiences or advice to offer.

Ford B-MAX - Window closing & re-opening - daveyjp
Sounds like an anti trap reset is needed, this is the system which causes the window to reopen if it closes and encounters an obstruction.

On Audis and the current Mercedes I own this is done as suggested. You close the window by holding the close button, not using auto mode. Once closed you then release the close switch and activate it again to close, this resets the sensor. You can also reset by simply trying to close the windows whilst they are all closed.

My handbook gives this advice, check yours. Now checked, its on page 54!!

If this is all that is required find a main dealer that knows basic info about the car you own.

Edited by daveyjp on 18/05/2014 at 10:17