Volvo XC60 - sat nav - otto georg

Having bought my 2013 Model a year ago a foc annual update for the satnav was part of the deal. I promptly received 4 cd's of this years version which had to be loaded into the cars cd computer in numerical order. The first disc was accepted, all others were rejected as being the wrong cd. Navtec, the Dutch originator , referred to Volvo as being responsible for the hardware (reminds me of the problems with our first computer bought some 30 yrs ago). Anyway, having left the vehicle with Volvo the service department advised me that Ip already had the latest version - disputed by Navtec since at the time of purchase the 2013 version did not exist. The dealer then admitted that there were technical problems which he would sort with Volvo UK and phone with result within 24 hrs. Having waited for 1 week (by the phone) I contacted him again - reply: he hadn't received anyhthing from Volvo - and will chase them. That's the last I heard. Volvo themselves advised me that a technical person would not talk to me unless I am a dealer. Catch 22. Who would be capable to update the system if Volvo is unable to deal with it - and where am I standing legally considering that the updates are part and parcel of the original sale.

Volvo XC60 - sat nav - Collos25

If you bought the car in 2012 its a 2012 model and why do want the SN updating or do you want the position of the newest Mcdonalds.

Volvo XC60 - sat nav - Brit_in_Germany

Navteq do not appear to update the maps for the in-built sat navs that often. It is more than likely that your 2013 model contains the most up to date map which may be why the discs were being rejected.

@Collos25 - it is an old marketing trick to label model years by the date of the following year. The new model released mid-2013 will this be a 2014 MY