Elddis - Glossop Caravans - Problem with Caravan Dealer - please help! - wreptile

I wonder if someone can help and advise me on a problem I am having with a NEW caravan purchased from Glossop Caravans in June 2012:

I have had nothing but problems with it from the start. It has been built to very poor standards and has caused me and my family significant inconvenience.

I have reported the issues back to the dealer at every point and the issues have been eventually fixed through warranty. One fault was dangerous when the main power unit blew and filled the caravan with electrical burning smell (I had 3 children in the van at the time and had to come home early from our holiday). There are still faults remaining on the van, the most significant being damp in 3 separate locations. I can go into more detail if required, but in summary the caravan has not been fit for purpose, and has been well below acceptable standards that one would expect from a new caravan. Therefore I have requested for them to buy it back off me. They have rejected this and say they are only willing to provide another repair job through warranty, because that is what the manufacturer, Elddis, is telling them. We can't book or plan for our caravan holiday this year, adding even more stress and inconvenience. I would like some advice on how I can make some progress of compensation or a refund. Can you help?
Elddis - Glossop Caravans - Problem with Caravan Dealer - please help! - Dutchie

If it is not fit for purpose take it back you should have your money returned or have another caravan.

Citizen advice bureau should help.

Elddis - Glossop Caravans - Problem with Caravan Dealer - please help! - Armitage Shanks {p}

I think that, at over a year old, you are out of time for rejection of the caravan.

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 15/07/2013 at 07:56