Skoda Octavia - 2nd Key programming with VCDS - Ill be back

Hey guys, I have VCDS 18.9.0 version.
I want to program a 2nd key for my Skoda Octavia 2009 TDI 1.9.
I have tried to do so using VCDS, somehow it did nothing.

Pictures are uploaded to outline the steps taken.
Went to Module 09 - Centr. Elec. -> Adaptation 10. -> Selected = Remote control adaptation (key count) -> Pressed Test -> Selected 2 keys and clicked save, but when I tried to click on the keys, nothing happened and the count went back to 5.

Any ideas how to program that 2nd key with VCDS please?

Thanks,
Arnold

autoforums.carjunky.com/photos/pic/733kkCSh/2098.j...g

autoforums.carjunky.com/photos/pic/733kkCSh/2099.j...g

autoforums.carjunky.com/photos/pic/733kkCSh/2100.j...g

autoforums.carjunky.com/photos/pic/733kkCSh/2101.j...g

autoforums.carjunky.com/photos/pic/733kkCSh/2102.j...g

Edited by Ill be back on 31/01/2024 at 20:54

Skoda Octavia - 2nd Key programming with VCDS - elekie&a/c doctor
Is this a new key ? What are you trying to programme? The remote lock function or the immobiliser part ?

Yes it is a new key. Ideally the immobiliser part, so that the key can be used to lock/unlock vehicle and start the engine. Thanks

Vcds won’t program the immobiliser part of the key . You may be able to synchronise the locking function by the following method . Put working key in steering lock and turn on ignition. Shut doors . Insert new key into door lock and hold it right over to the 9 o clock position. While doing this , press either lock or unlock buttons twice .

I will try the sync procedure thanks for the tip.

In terms of immobilizer. Is it certain that VCDS cannot program to it? My former colleague was able to program it for his AUDI. Wouldn`t it be the same for Skoda?

Maybe another VCDS module would help?

Thanks.

Program of a new key is an online process . Vcds is not capable of that . It can only do the lock unlock function. If it’s not a genuine VW key , I would strongly advise not to try any program method . You could end up with corruption of other modules.
Skoda Octavia - 2nd Key programming with VCDS - Railroad.

To program the immobiliser with VCDS you need the SKC code which VW and Audi used to supply with the car up until 2005. They haven't provided the original owner with that information since then and so you can't use VCDS for that purpose.