Any - Pork Pies (not porkies) - Theophilus

Has anyone else noticed how little jelly most pork pies seem to have these days?

I used to enjoy the occasional pie, but nowadays find them much dryer than my youthful recollections from the 50s and 60s.

I spotted an advert from a major supermarket chain for "Melton Mowbray extra jelly pork pies" and my appetite was whetted ... only to see in small print "Item unavailable" :-(

Any - Pork Pies (not porkies) - Andrew-T

How many backroomers will have their appetites whetted, and rush out for an immediate consumer test ? :-)

Any - Pork Pies (not porkies) - FP

I love a good-quality pork pie, preferably with plenty of English mustard. The combination of textures and flavours is irresistible.

Any - Pork Pies (not porkies) - Xileno

I don't have them very often, an occasional treat and I like mine with a good chutney and a pint of Bass. I find the Sainsbury's version very pleasant and usually a bit cheaper than official brands.

Any - Pork Pies (not porkies) - primus 1

I don't have them very often, an occasional treat and I like mine with a good chutney and a pint of Bass. I find the Sainsbury's version very pleasant and usually a bit cheaper than official brands.

Crikey, I didn’t know you could still get bass beer….!

Any - Pork Pies (not porkies) - Crickleymal

You swine. I'm supposed to be on a diet, now I'm craving pork pies.

Any - Pork Pies (not porkies) - badbusdriver

I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the pork pie, but I do like the ones from my parents local butcher!.

Any - Pork Pies (not porkies) - Heidfirst

tbh it's the jelly that I like least so I am OK with the trend ... :P

Any - Pork Pies (not porkies) - MGspannerman

Pork pies? Horrible things, a heart attack in a snack. I have some experience of the meat and specifically pork sector and I have suggested to my wife we only use meat that is identifiable, excluding such things as pork pies and in particular salami and similar products. However air dried ham - delicious!

Any - Pork Pies (not porkies) - Andrew-T

I'm not a frequent pork-pie eater, but I enjoy one as a convenient portable lunch when necessary. Everyone is welcome to their dislikes and prejudices, but I have not yet suffered after eating one. Mind you, I took the precaution of marrying a lady with a degree in nutrition, who still manages my daily intake .... :-)