new speed camera - barney100

Apparently a new speed camera type is being rolled out. According to an article one in Cornwall caught over 600 drivers in a week, this thing can get red light jumpers, non seat belt wearers etc etc. It is also multidirectional, Captain Gatso will be furious.

new speed camera - Andrew-T

Well, people will keep on trying to get away with everything. It must be an updated version of J Bentham's Panopticon ?

new speed camera - barney100

I'm not an expert on the cameras but worth checking out on Google etc.

new speed camera - maz64

This one?

www.cornwall.gov.uk/council-news/transport-streets.../

or

www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/new-speed-...9

Edited by maz64 on 31/05/2022 at 14:13

new speed camera - Engineer Andy

This one?

www.cornwall.gov.uk/council-news/transport-streets.../

or

www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/new-speed-...9

I might be driving down the A390 when on holiday and may get to see the new unit in person. Have done (visiting Truro a couple of times over the years) in the past.

new speed camera - Engineer Andy

Apparently a new speed camera type is being rolled out. According to an article one in Cornwall caught over 600 drivers in a week, this thing can get red light jumpers, non seat belt wearers etc etc. It is also multidirectional, Captain Gatso will be furious.

But does it pass the 'utlimate test', that of being fireproof and can detect and photograph/video pee'd off locals pouring petrol over it and then setting it ablaze? Or a large farm vehicle or HGV 'accidentially' wiping it out when it's pointed in the other direction... :-)

Quite a few cameras in my region have fallen foul of this 'design defect' over the last 20 years or so...

new speed camera - _

Wasn't the old fashioned way to hang a large tyre over it and add petrol inside and light and run.

new speed camera - Steveieb

That’s interesting I thought we in Northamptonshire have the highest recorded speeding incidents. Maybe down to our Chief Constable being ex traffic.

A word of warning if you happen to be passing through !

new speed camera - Crickleymal

That’s interesting I thought we in Northamptonshire have the highest recorded speeding incidents. Maybe down to our Chief Constable being ex traffic.

A word of warning if you happen to be passing through !

In Gloucester the worst road for speeding is also, coincidentally, the one where they have the most speed traps.