737-8-200 - Flying - _

Just had. A return flight on a "new" Boeing...

No better than the old ones and harder seats in less legroom.

737-8-200 - Flying - Brit_in_Germany

At least you landed.

737-8-200 - Flying - _

At least you landed.

Normally,and on the designated runway too....LOL

737-8-200 - Flying - focussed

Any landing you can walk away from................etc etc!

737-8-200 - Flying - Ethan Edwards

Last time I crossed the Atlantic. BA 747 25plus years old, noisy smelly grubby and uncomfortable. Returned on American A/w on an pretty new Airbus. Quiet comfy and roomy. Good as it was though Singapore A/L just the best.

My youngest daughter and her other half recently flew to Thailand for a 2 week holiday with Qatar Airways with a 3 hr stopover at Doha.

They treated themselves to a first class experience there and back - seriously expensive, but they don't need to slum it as they both have well paid jobs and didn't go anywhere last year.

To me - that's a bit like how the other half live! Poor old Dad!

My youngest daughter and her other half recently flew to Thailand for a 2 week holiday with Qatar Airways with a 3 hr stopover at Doha.

They treated themselves to a first class experience there and back - seriously expensive, but they don't need to slum it as they both have well paid jobs and didn't go anywhere last year.

To me - that's a bit like how the other half live! Poor old Dad!

737-8-200 - Flying - nick62

Was it a "Max"? I'm not a nervous flyer and prior to Covid probably took >25 flights a year.

I'm an engineer and would never set foot on a 737 Max.

Edited by nick62 on 31/03/2022 at 23:17

737-8-200 - Flying - Brit_in_Germany

You will not see a 737 Max again. They have been re-labelled to 737-8.

737-8-200 - Flying - Andrew-T

No better than the old ones and harder seats in less legroom.

That sounds like the second-generation Eurostar coaches, which must have had about the least ergonomic seats I have ever occupied, anywhere. Except possibly the third-class wooden seats on elderly continental heritage railways.

737-8-200 - Flying - ExA35Owner

Worth mentioning in both Boeing's and Scarebus's defence that the seats are specified by the airline - so uncomfortable squashed seating is the airline's fault!

737-8-200 - Flying - daveyjp

Max is still very much a Boeing 737 designation.

Ryanair use 737-8-200 to avoid using Max. The name alao reflects the unique seat layout used by Ryanair which squeezes in a few more seats than generally offered as standard by Boeing.

737-8-200 - Flying to the max - _

I got to have a seat in the extra legroom seat (which was no more comfortable) as an " extra large" passenger was unable to fasten the seatbelt. Was refusing to move for the crew, but I overheard, and offered that the 3 of us in the row in front would move back so that she could have our row completely alone.

Did the trick... wry smile from crew....

I left the title of the thread ambiguous to see who would spot it....lol..

737-8-200 - Flying to the max - Bromptonaut

The Ryanair sub version, with extra doors, was originally designated Max 8 200 but RYR have dropped the Max.

So far as I can see from recent pictures the TUI versions are still badged as Max 8.

737-8-200 - Flying to the max - _

Will be flying on an A321 LR to canada in the summer, should be interesting, and have booked the extra legroom seats...