Peugeot 107 (Auto) - Clutch replacement advice - NatalieHYD

Hi All,

I'm just looking for a bit of advice on how to proceed with a garage that has my car.

Background - car was booked in for a clutch replacement and was dropped off at the garage on 31st January. I (and the garage) were expecting it to be a same day job, but 3 weeks later they still have it. Below are the updates they've given me:

Update 1 - the clutch was changed, but struggling to recalibrate it with the car

Update 2 - thought they might need to send off the actuator for repair, will let me know

Update 3 - Actuator taken out of the car and tested - nothing wrong with it. Will check wiring instead

Update 4 - called to say no update, hadn’t received wiring diagram until later on in the afternoon so no progress

Update 5 - Nothing said about wiring, told instead that actuator needs to be sent off after all

Update 6 - Couldn’t get hold of the company who’d been sent the actuator

Update 7 - Actuator has been refurbished but the company seems to think it’s now an incorrect clutch kit that’s been fitted

Update 8 - Waiting for software to download to be able to take the car for a road test

Update 9 - Still waiting on software to finish downloading

Update 10 - Software update hasn’t worked, now waiting on someone with a more detailed machine to run their own checks

None of these updates really make much sense to me, and I'm getting desperate to have my car back, they'll have had it 3 weeks tomorrow.

I don't know what to say to the garage - I just ask them to keep me updated as I don't know anything about cars which is why I'm reaching out to people a bit more clued up. What would you think about this situation? Is there anything I can do to get things sorted any quicker?

Thanks in advance.

Peugeot 107 (Auto) - Clutch replacement advice - elekie&a/c doctor
What was the original problem, and why did it need a clutch?
Peugeot 107 (Auto) - Clutch replacement advice - NatalieHYD
What was the original problem, and why did it need a clutch?

Thanks for the reply.

The car was booked in because when I took it on holiday it started beeping for no apparent reason. Initially I thought it was the boot sensor because it seemed to be happening when I going uphill, and I thought the luggage was pressing against the sensor. It turned out to be happening because the car was struggling to accelerate. I googled it and every person that had queried the same issue ended up saying it was their clutch. I told the garage this, they test drove it and confirmed the clutch was slipping.

It’s possible the clutch unit is not compatible, that’s why they can’t complete the re-learn /recalibrate procedure. What make is the clutch , is it a genuine Peugeot part?

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 21/02/2022 at 18:50

Peugeot 107 (Auto) - Clutch replacement advice - galileo
It’s possible the clutch unit is not compatible, that’s why they can’t complete the re-learn /recalibrate procedure. What make is the clutch , is it a genuine Peugeot part?

The OP says it is an automatic, are these torque converter or automated manuals?

2 pedals, so an automated robotised manual gearbox.

Peugeot 107 (Auto) - Clutch replacement advice - Gibbo_Wirral

Is this a Peugeot dealer you've taken it to?

Peugeot 107 (Auto) - Clutch replacement advice - blindspot

this a pug main dealer job. No one else will even try. The original clutches are not man enough, and have been strengthened. i paid £900 at dealership 6years back,. in and out same day... the clutch on mine was clearly slipping. engine revving,not accelerating

Peugeot 107 (Auto) - Clutch replacement advice - Gibbo_Wirral

this a pug main dealer job. No one else will even try. The original clutches are not man enough, and have been strengthened. i paid £900 at dealership 6years back,. in and out same day... the clutch on mine was clearly slipping. engine revving,not accelerating

That's my thinking too. Plus only Peugeot have access to the dealer level diagnostics. Some garages might have a clone device, or employ the services of someone freelance like me with the kit.

But more and more Peugeot diagnostics on newer cars require an internet connection and subscription to Peugeot's servers for software updates and parts configuration.