Renault Kadjar - Faulty Car - IcedBlue

Hello,

I purchased a brand new car in May 2018.

Since purchasing the vehicle it has had an intermittent hesitation when pulling away.

A few days after purchasing the car I took it to the dealership and went on a drive with a mechanic who told me that it's a new car and it'll sort itself out.

Fast forward nearly 3 years and 10-12 visits to different dealerships (at the request of the manufacturer) the head technician has finally determined that there is a problem and has replaced the gearbox and clutch.

In the intervening time both my partner and I have nearly had 5-6 accidents in the car on roundabouts and T-junction due to this hesitation. I need to use this car due to back problems (our alternative is a lower vehicle which makes my back seize after long drives).

Where do I stand in this situation?

I had been unable to argue in relation to CRA or suchlike as I was told there had been no issue? - Is this now something I can comment on as I get anxious any time I need to drive the vehicle either in busy towns and cities or during rush hour.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Renault Kadjar - Faulty Car - RT

It comes down to whether replacing the clutch and gearbox cures the issue.

Renault Kadjar - Faulty Car - Avant

It does indeed. It was a good thing that you got the replacements within the warranty period.

A lot of turbo cars hesitate slightly when pulling away from rest. If you're still not happy with the Kadjar, think about flogging it and going for an EV or PHEV. These are particularly quick off the mark.

Edited by Avant on 01/03/2021 at 11:21