Peugeot expert van - will my insurance be void?? - david m bird

Please help. My van was stolen and my insurer has agreed a total loss settlement. However whilst getting all documents together I've noticed the V5 document has my name spelt incorrectly. I noticed one letter was wrong in my surname, it had my name down as Mr BIRU when my name is Mr BIRD

Now i'm panicking because technically does this mean I wasn't the registered keeper in the eyes of the insurance?. It is obviously a typing error and I honestly never noticed it in all 3 years i had the van. I am so stressed and haven't phoned the insurers yet. Do i ring them and explain or do i try and get it changed at DVLA.

Please help I really can't afford to have my insurance payout refused now

Peugeot expert van - will my insurance be void?? - Bromptonaut

If all the other details are correct and you've got to the stage of an offer I don't think you've anything to worry about. Discuss it with the insurer and come back to us if they make an issue of it.

Peugeot expert van - will my insurance be void?? - daveyjp

Good luck to any insurance company that tries to use an obvious typing/scanning error against a policyholder.

Peugeot expert van - will my insurance be void?? - david m bird

I'm going to seem a right bell end now but the address is also wrong on the log book. I forgot to change it when I moved. Is the insurer bothered about that? The insurance policy is at the correct address and my license is also I just forgot about the log book

Peugeot expert van - will my insurance be void?? - mss1tw

V5 is only the registered keeper (Not owner) I believe, so I think the DVLA would be more interested than the insurance company.

Peugeot expert van - will my insurance be void?? - Bromptonaut

All you can do is report the situation to the insurer and see what happens. Neither error on its own is serious but both together might involve some hoop jumping to get sorted. Shouldn't be fatal though.

Peugeot expert van - will my insurance be void?? - Miniman777
I wouldn’t worry.
I had an MX5, and on the V5 to number of seats it said 3! ??
Most of us file the V5 when it comes back.