Dacia Sandero - Under door plugs - Carrot

The plugs are trapping rainwater in the doors. Can I remove the plugs or do they serve a purpose?

Edited by Carrot on 17/08/2019 at 16:50

Dacia Sandero - Under door plugs - focussed

I've an idea that they are there to prevent the anti-corrosion proofing wax dripping out of the doors when the car is made, and should have been removed at the PDI after it has set or dried sufficiently so that it doesn't drip.

Edited by focussed on 17/08/2019 at 19:25

Not all cars have them.

Dacia Sandero - Under door plugs - Bolt

Should be drain holes in the bottom to prevent water build up and corrosion, if the water builds up too much it will enter the car

Dacia Sandero - Under door plugs - edlithgow

I'd take them out.

When I took my door card off to fiddle with the windscreen winder I was surprised how much water runs through the inside of the door in the rain.

Admittedly my window rubbers are probably a bit worn, but still.

Keep them, obviously. You'd have the option of spraying stuff through the .holes to top up the anti-corrosion treatment, if you keep the car that long, and can be bothered.

I'd take them out.

When I took my door card off to fiddle with the windscreen winder I was surprised how much water runs through the inside of the door in the rain.

Keep them, obviously. You'd have the option of spraying stuff through the .holes to top up the anti-corrosion treatment, if you keep the car that long, and can be bothered.

Removed, thanks. The drain holes aren't even at the corners, unlike my Suzuki Alto.

Dacia Sandero - Under door plugs - Bolt

I'd take them out.

The bottom seal on the window doesn't stop the water getting in, its more of a dust stopper and usually the door has a sheet of plastic inside to prevent water getting into the mechanicals/electrics,

the door drain holes are usually made at lowest possible point in the door

Dacia Sandero - Under door plugs - skidpan

Removed, thanks. The drain holes aren't even at the corners, unlike my Suzuki Alto.

Why did you not visit the dealer, ask questions and look at other identical cars to see if the plugs were still there.

By modifying your car you have probably just lost the 12 year rust warranty and given Dacia's history of rust problems that is totally crazy.

Taking advice form a forum instead of the more obvious source of advice for a new car is totally crazy.

Best of luck.

I have, of course, never dealt with a warranty claim ,and am never likely to, so I may be naive.

If he kept them, and didn't damage them too obviously, can he not just put them back if necessary before making a claim?

How many CSI assets do manufacturers typically deploy in an effort to evade responsibility?

Edited by edlithgow on 20/08/2019 at 04:00

@ skidpan

Your info is wrong. The rust warranty on a Duster is 7 years, due to defective proofing in India.

Edited by Carrot on 12/10/2019 at 13:14

Dacia Sandero - Under door plugs - mss1tw

Because no new car ever has faults either inherent or due to oversight

When I got my last Honda Civic FN3 in 2007 as a pre-reg with 10 miles on it or something, there were some absorbent fabric pads with a plastic clip folded over the lower sill drain slots, two each side, to stop the rustproofing dripping on the showroom carpet and were supposed to be removed and binned at the PDI. They weren't, so I had to do it.

Dacia Sandero - Under door plugs - mss1tw

When I got my last Honda Civic FN3 in 2007 as a pre-reg with 10 miles on it or something, there were some absorbent fabric pads with a plastic clip folded over the lower sill drain slots, two each side, to stop the rustproofing dripping on the showroom carpet and were supposed to be removed and binned at the PDI. They weren't, so I had to do it.

Looks like you voided the corrosion warranty!

Ooooh - you are awful! (Benny Hill?)

Edit Edit Yeah I remember now - It was Dick Emery!

Edited by focussed on 13/10/2019 at 23:16

Ooooh - you are awful! (Benny Hill?)

Edit Edit Yeah I remember now - It was Dick Emery!

Some things ARE best forgotten.