Audi A4 - Cheeky car transporter - Free-man

Looking for some advice with what to do with this 'company'.

So I had a car collected by a car transporter 9 days ago. It was supposed to be delivered to the closest city to me, an hours drive. But he has a yard 3.5 hours away where the car is and wants me to collect it from. I told him 6 days ago that wouldn't be possible as would have to give up a day to get there and back. As you can imagine that would also make my costs beyond the point of hiring him in the first place.

We arranged a meeting yesterday a bit closer to me but when I phoned him he was off doing business with someone else and couldn't meet. I'm clearly being strung along.

He has my car and the car's log book but the seller is the registered owner.

I dont know if I can threaten with the police or what I can do but am pretty angry.

Any advice?

Audi A4 - Cheeky car transporter - SLO76
Think I’m missing something here. You hired a car transporter to deliver a car to you but why then are they not doing exactly that? Why did you arrange to have it delivered to a point an hour away and not to your door? Why also do they think it’s acceptable to ask you to travel 3 1/2hrs?

This is exactly why I'm so annoyed. I keep getting excuses about where my car is loaded on the transporter meaning a wait. But his game is simple, he is waiting until he has more work my direction until he will bring the car. Of course he wont say this to me but will keep stringing me along.

I dont know what to say to him at this point. If I tell him I'm going to report the car stolen it might spring him into action but he might just be even more of a prick then and damage it on me.

Audi A4 - Cheeky car transporter - Ethan Edwards

So if a friend phoned him and asked him to pick up a car say a couple of miles from your house. Then its likely you would get your car on the same day? Be a shame if the putative pick up then failed to materialise wouldn't it.

A cunning and dastardly plan Mr Edwards. Maybe as a last resort.

Audi A4 - Cheeky car transporter - 72 dudes

Is there a contract between yourself and the Car Transporter company? Clearly it's not being fulfilled.

Is the Car Transporter driver "the company" or is there someone in authority somewhere in an office who might have some common sense?

Audi A4 - Cheeky car transporter - JohnX
When you purchased the car,was it mentioned that the car would be delivered to your door or immediate locality?

No it's just been done over the phone.

He was sneaky about it. Told me everything I wanted to hear then changed things once I had made plans around that.

Audi A4 - Cheeky car transporter - JohnX

“As mentioned in our conversation on the phone on xyz date it was noted that the car would be delivered to the address XYZ within xyz timeframe.
As there seems to be some confusion I am not sure whether the relevant information has been passed to the transporting company.
Kindly ensure that the transporter has been informed and that the address of delivery corresponds to the above mentioned address”

Maybe add something about costs incurred etc?

Edited by JohnX on 17/03/2019 at 20:52

Well That was painful but got there in the end.

Had to use Ethan's cunning trick which worked a charm!

Thanks again all.

Audi A4 - Cheeky car transporter - 72 dudes

Good news, glad you (he) got there in the end.

Edit: Oh, just read your other post, not so good after all.

Edited by 72 dudes on 19/03/2019 at 08:11