Unwanted reboot - Andrew-T

Three times since Christmas my desktop PC, running Windows 10 and Chrome, has spontaneously rebooted, each time while I was idling in the Back Room here. That seems rather a coincidence. Any suggestions?

Unwanted reboot - Bolt

Have you checked when your getting win 10 updates as they do restart the machine without your consent, there have been several over Christmas

Unlikely a website will cause it unless it crashed

Unwanted reboot - daveyjp
Agree, there was a Windows update before Christmas. Don’t however do it if you need the machine, it took over an hour to install on my laptop last night!
Unwanted reboot - Palcouk

Under win 10 update settings you can select when updates are installed.

If you have a slow system or slow internet this will imact on the time taken for any update

Unwanted reboot - grumpyscot
Agree, there was a Windows update before Christmas. Don’t however do it if you need the machine, it took over an hour to install on my laptop last night!

Only an hour! Took mine 4 hours after running like a dog fo ages beforehand, then next day it started doing even more updates for a further 2 hours. It was my spare laptop, but I've now set it to not restart altough I still can't see a way to simply stop it doing updates.

What really displeases me is the reboot time. When I first got the laptop 3 years ago it took 45 seconds to reboot. Now it takes 11 minutes!

Unwanted reboot - alan1302

Only an hour! Took mine 4 hours after running like a dog fo ages beforehand, then next day it started doing even more updates for a further 2 hours. It was my spare laptop, but I've now set it to not restart altough I still can't see a way to simply stop it doing updates.

What really displeases me is the reboot time. When I first got the laptop 3 years ago it took 45 seconds to reboot. Now it takes 11 minutes!

Time for a format!

Unwanted reboot - Bolt

Time for a format!

Or find out whats causing bootup to take so long, ie, some have antivirus set up for boot scan, which, depending on make can take ages?

Unwanted reboot - Palcouk

Third party AV utilities are allways the last to load.

A laptop, unless a very expensive model, will allways be significantly slower than a desktop

Ctrl+Alt+Del brings up task manager that has a 'start-up' tab that would be worth looking at