10 Reasons People Should Smile More - ethardsdaisy92@gmail.com

Here are 10 reasons people should smile more:

Smiling is a Universal Language we all understand

Smiling spreads joy

Smiling makes you more attractive

Smiling is contagious

Smiling requires less effort than frowning because fewer facial muscles are used.

Smiling builds relationships. It bridges the gaps between us.

Smiling puts you and others at ease

Smiling makes you more confident

Smiling changes your brain chemistry

Smiling attracts more of the same energy* to you.

Here is a super simple fact about energy: It is attracted to the same kind of energy. Like energy attracts like energy. When we breath, feel and live from our heart energy, we attract more of the same. This is otherwise known as the law of attraction

Develyn Steele says,”Smiling changes your attitude, raises your confidence, and makes you more attractive.” Whether you believe it or not, smiling changes how you feel. If you doubt this, then start smiling and thinking positive thoughts and see what develops. You will find that you can’t help but have a more elevated attitude known as Pratipaksha Bhavana when you smile, or even think about when you were last smiling.

You see, smiling affects our emotions because of a body-brain connection. It triggers scientifically measurable activity in the left frontal cortex of the brain where happiness is registered. In fact, of the 44 muscles of the face that allow us to create more than 5000 different types of expressions, each of those expressions will have a unique effect on the way you feel and how OTHERS feel about you.

When you smile with your heart, your thoughts naturally cultivate positive thinking at the same time. Love yourself, love your day, love your life!

10 Reasons People Should Smile More - concrete

Very worthy sentiments. Nice to hear from the optomists in life. The glass is half full after all!!! Cheers Concrete

10 Reasons People Should Smile More - scot22

Another post in support of the sentiments. I have learned the philosophy from talks, books and videos. Let's go for a brighter, friendly society.

10 Reasons People Should Smile More - Avant

I was sure that this post was about to try to sell something - seemingly not.

10 Reasons People Should Smile More - Bolt

Smiling can get you in trouble as I found out the other morning, I was having a laugh with the passenger while stuck in traffic

motor in front decided to do 10 point turn around to go back, they see me laughing and thought I was laughing at their driving (which I wasn`t ) the driver stopped by my window and threw a load of abuse at me.

what annoyed me was I didn`t even get a word in edgeways lol.....

Very much his own paranoia bolt. Keep the faith. Concrete

any particular reason for that comment Concrete??

10 Reasons People Should Smile More - badbusdriver

any particular reason for that comment Concrete??

Seems pretty self explanatory to me, the guy thought you were laughing at him, i.e, he was being paranoid.

If you want to laugh, look up the laughing lion video clip my son showed me the other day. Just type it into Google and it will come up!. Another good one I saw recently was Gary Oldman, done up as Churchill, dancing to a James Brown song, it was shown on a recent episode of the Graham Norton show. Well worth a look!

10 Reasons People Should Smile More - focussed

The antidote to smiling constantly is:-

Remember who turned it into an art form? The Blair creature.

Don't do it - only smile when there is something to smile about.

10 Reasons People Should Smile More - alan1302

Generally there is always something to smile about - won't let Tony Blair stop me from smiling!

Not many do smile now, probably because there is nothing to smile about, for me though watching people trying to park sometimes has me in stitches lol...regular occurance

10 Reasons People Should Smile More - alan1302

Not many do smile now, probably because there is nothing to smile about, for me though watching people trying to park sometimes has me in stitches lol...regular occurance

Nearly always something to smile and be happy about

10 Reasons People Should Smile More - badbusdriver

Nearly always something to smile and be happy about

Quite right!

I am a self employed window cleaner, and while the job, as you'd expect, can be exeptionally dreary, the reactions of animals and young children to what i am doing often make me smile and sometimes laugh out loud. Even after nearly 9 years!.

Well bolt, it took a while to get testy about a normal observation. I have just picked up the forum . Have been traveling in Spain for a week or so and the wi-fi is unreliable. I don’t know what you find offensive. I thought the person who abused you was paranoid, simple as that. I was sympathising with your dilemma. Not much you can do in that situation, except what you did, just let it go over your head. The other driver was abusing you out of sheer embarrassment at his own behaviour. Keep smiling. Concrete

I don’t know what you find offensive

I didnt find what you said offensive,I just thought at the time of reading you could take what you said different ways, but I will add that that type of behaviour is becoming the norm

ps, I hope you enjoyed your trip,I`m rather looking forward to this years holiday

The trip is going well now. The ferry was cancelled to Bilbao so they took us to Caen inFrance and that meant another 500 mile drive with two stops. A bit of a nuisance but the weather dictates. We are now going smoothly and will be in Jerez/Cadiz for the weekend. Then a few weeks in the Algarve and a another two weeks back to Bilbao via Porto. Some winter sun is very welcome and this is very pleaseant indeed. If you are planning a touring trip I will offer you the benefit of my experiences. Cheers for now. Concrete
10 Reasons People Should Smile More - Avant

Have a great time Concrete.