Renault Megane - S172 Failure to Identify - 2503DS

Hi All,

I recently got 3 speeding tickets in a very short space of time (about a month). I sent them all off, was going to take the slap on the wrist, learn from it then move one, however only got 2 replies, so naively I thought I mustn't have sent one off as they would not make a mistake like that at there end and sent a letter to the same address with all my details asking if they could take that letter as an acceptance of the conditional offer, still no response. Two months later I have received a failure to indetify, I have proof of the letter I sent on my laptop and the date I had created the document, however did not send it via recorder deilvery. The 3 points for speeding I am not contesting at all, however the failure to identify I believe I am not guilty as I even sent them a letter when I didn't hear a response and it will also obviously give me a totting up ban as the penalty for that would bring me over 12. What is the likelyhood of being found not guilty if I contest it? I have no other choice as both my and my girlfriend work insane hours and are very unsociable (6am starts 12am finishes etc) and public transport just will not get us to and from work as it doesn't start early enough or run late enough.

Thanks for any replies.

Renault Megane - S172 Failure to Identify - ExA35Owner

Try posting on pepipoo for some well-informed advice.

Renault Megane - S172 Failure to Identify - FP

I agree that Pepipoo is a good site to visit; however, I would point out that the OP is in a weak position. He is not sure of he sent one of the three forms; he did not follow up the letter sent in lieu; he did not use recorded delivery.

He will have to hope that someone will believe that he has made an effort to comply ("exercised reasonable diligence").

I believe the offence of failing to nominate a driver at the time of an alleged offence now carries a mandatory endorsement of 6 penalty points, a £1000 fine and possible disqualification.

Renault Megane - S172 Failure to Identify - Palcouk

If there is the remotest chance of a ban, when totting up is taken into consideration, and any such ban impacts on any job, then you need legal representation

Renault Megane - S172 Failure to Identify - slkfanboy

I think you need to first be sure were driving and get the photos. It seams pritty careless to make the same mistake 3 times in a row, within a month

I would phone up and explain the situation, sometimes you can be lucky and get things resolved. I managed sort out a speeding ticked that was sent to my previous address in the past, this way.

Renault Megane - S172 Failure to Identify - concrete

Just goes to show that you can't beat the old Royal Mail and a certificate of posting for sure fire evidence. I certainly would not rely upon electronic mail or telephone calls in such circumstances. Live and learn.

I hope they accept your explanation as it seems a genuine error and I hope your points total doesn't result in a disqualification. If you are given a another chance them you will need to be on your best behaviour for quite a while. Best of luck and let us know the outcome.

Cheers Concrete