Infiniti QX30 Premium - Failure of speed limiter - RiverTyne7

The car was operating with the soeed limiter engaged when power was lost and car was brought to the side of the road. Ignition was switched off and the car restarted, engine block icon was lighted but car operated ok except that no speed limiter.

The radar controlled cruise control was engaged and the car operated normally, slowing when car ahead was getting too close and then accelerating to the set speed when the road was clear.

Upon reaching home disconnected and reconnected the battery but engine fault icon still lighted. Next day on the motorway engine fault icon cleared but speed limiter which can be set to a fixed speed is unable to hold the set speed.

Appreciate if you could advise the cause and remedy.

Regards

Infiniti QX30 Premium - Failure of speed limiter - elekie&a/c doctor

Could not even hazard a guess at this.You will need some diagnostic assistance for this to get any where close to finding the fault.Could be an engine sensor issue causing the system to shut down.Must be under warranty??

Infiniti QX30 Premium - Failure of speed limiter - RobJP

The QX30 had it's worldwide 'reveal' at Frankfurt in September 2015.

So, considering the QX30 hasn't been released for sale in any market worldwide as yet, the OP is either :

Wrong about what car they've got

Or

Lying and spamming some crap for some other reason

or a third alternative ...

a journalist, who has one on loan for magazine testing or the suchlike, but is incapable of actually RTFM or of contacting Infiniti to ask them.

EDIT : looking at the quality of spelling and grammar in the initial post, can I propose the final option as the most likely ?

Edited by RobJP on 04/12/2015 at 09:38

Infiniti QX30 Premium - Failure of speed limiter - galileo

Why would anyone want a speed limiter anyway? I'd be pleased it had failed.

Infiniti QX30 Premium - Failure of speed limiter - RobJP

Actually, they arent' too bad. I had one on a Merc S320CDi back in 2004 or so. Bearing in mind that it felt like it was standing still on the Autobahn at 120mph, a limiter was useful. I used to keep the limiter at 78.

It also doesn't mean that you can't go faster than that (or at least that was the case in the Merc). Plant your foot on the accelerator, and it would 'stutter' and go straight past the limiter - basically the cars systems recognised that you wanted ALL the power and speed there and then, and gave it to you.