Should I trade my 2006 Jaguar S Type in for the newer model?

I bought a 2006 Jaguar S Type 2.7-litre diesel back in April while I was between jobs to see me through. Having now returned to work I am wondering whether I should replace the car for a newer model, say a 3.0-litre diesel Jaguar XF at £15,000 plus trade-in, but as the current car is fine and in good condition it seems a waste to trade it in. I have recently had it serviced and replaced the cam belt as it had reached 80,000. I know you say that there are DPF issues with older diesels but I will be doing 15-20,000 miles a year so a diesel is necessary. What would your advice be given that I am happy with the S Type and what should I do to ensure the longevity of the car?

Asked on 29 December 2016 by clivej

If you're happy, keep it. Quite a few problems with XFs. Got into the top 10 most complained about cars: www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/new-cars/2016-12/top-10-.../ Your timing belt was wise. Problems with S-Type here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/jaguar/s-type-1999/?.../