How can I avoid DPF problems?

The manual for my Ford Focus Estate 1.6 TDI instructs to occasionally run in lower gears at high revs but does not say how high for the revs or over what distance. In 10k miles, I am not aware that DPF has regenerated.Can you please advise on distance to travel and revs to be achieved and if the DPF is indeed passively regenerating?

On longer runs it will actively regenerate every 250 miles or so and will be pre-programmed to do so. The instructions are to promote passive regeneration to burn off the soot from cold starts. "High revs" enough to passively regenerate the DPF are 2500 - 3000rpm for a few minutes steady speed running. No need for higher revs than that.