Audi TT - dead instrument cluster

The instrument cluster on my four year old - bought-from-new - Audi TT has just failed. The car is a 2012 model and now has no speedometer, rev counter or mileage, just lots of warning lights (EPC etc). Apparently it needs to be replaced (£800 plus VAT plus fitting). Is it a known problem, and what do you think my chances are of getting Audi to contribute?

Asked on 18 February 2016 by Mistercondon

Always been a known problem in TTs. The supplying Audi dealer and Audi itself should be sympathetic. If you bought it privately or from an independent dealer and have taken it to a dealer you did not buy it from then they are less likely to be sympathetic.