Real MPG

I have a new Hyundai i20 1.1 CRDi Blue and am getting a miserly 60mpg with fairly careful driving. Your data for the i20 1.1 CDRi includes both the blue and non-blue models, so I'd like to either see the data split by model, or see whether eg. if most drivers are getting close to the 64mpg average or if the data has 2 peaks (one near the min 59mpg, one near the max 70mpg) to reflect the 2 models.

Asked on 28 August 2015 by Shimergo

The only place Real mpg is available to the public is at www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/, but it is a completely automated system with some complex algorithms to prevent it being skewed by figures outside the parameters. You will get better economy from a small low power and low torque engine like this running it on Shell V-Power because that is what all current engines are optimised on and the torque enhancement has a greater effect on a low torque engine enabling shorter shifting and less time in low gears.