Do you need to replace a whole LED cluster when one bulb stops working?

A couple of queries about car lights.

I see a lot of fancy layout LED lights on cars these days. Is it possible to replace one LED when it stops working or will this entail a complete replacement of the whole cluster?

Xenon lights - I think these are the bluish ones I sometimes see. What is the advantage? Are they expensive? Could I fit them in my Hyundai i20?

Asked on 20 January 2015 by Rogerthedodger

It usually involves replacing the entire light unit at great cost because failure of just one of the LEDs results in an MoT failure. Why do you think manufacturers fit these things?
Tags: leds