How reliable are electric cars?

How reliable are electric cars in general? And how reliable is the Mercedes-Benz EQA, in particular? What yearly maintenance costs are involved, and what items need replacing?

Asked on 3 December 2021 by Antony Ruddle

Electric cars are usually very reliable. They have fewer moving parts than petrol or diesel models, so there's less to go wrong. The Mercedes EQA is a very new model so it's too soon to tell how reliable it'll be in the long-term, but we doubt there'll be any major issues. Mercedes generally performs well in our Satisfaction Index: www.honestjohn.co.uk/honest-john-satisfaction-inde.../

In terms of maintenance, the Mercedes EQA has a servicing interval of one year/15,000 miles. Check with a Mercedes dealer for costs, but it's likely to be less than a petrol or diesel car.