Buying a new BMW - should I have a tracker or kill switch installed?

I have a new BMW on order, would it be sensible to have an auto electrician fit a hidden kill switch, so it can’t go missing? Or fit a tracker?

Asked on 27 September 2021 by Martin Peck

If the car is rare or highly desirable then it might be an idea to fit a tracker: The Rewire Security SpyTrack Nano is a very good option, our review is here: kit.honestjohn.co.uk/reviews/review-spytrack-nano-.../

I wouldn't recommend fitting an aftermarket and unapproved BMW 'kill switch', as this may void your car's manufacturer warranty.