Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks

Will an ex-rental car give us future clutch problems?

My wife’s been to look at a 2018 Hyundai i10 1.2-litre. It’s in good condition but the clutch pedal is at the end of its travel before the clutch bites. It has 8000 miles on the clock and has been a rental car. Is the clutch a problem waiting to happen? The dealer said it’s common on this model.

Asked on 14 June 2021 by E Barker

If the clutch bites at the top of its travel, it could indicate a worn clutch. I doubt it'll be that badly worn after two years/8000 miles and a replacement shouldn't be particularly expensive, but there are plenty of i10s on the market so walk away if you're not happy.