Should I be in Drive or Neutral at traffic lights?

I have a 2018 MINI Countryman auto. I've read that the gearbox allows for stopping at lights while still in Drive. But I've also read that it's best to slip into Neutral to save wear on the dual clutches. With previous Torque Converter cars, I always stayed in D but now with the MINI I select N. Your opinion, please?

Asked on 27 October 2020 by Brian Joslin

Stay in D unless you're stopped for a prolonged period. Also bear in mind that, if you're stopped with your foot on the brakes, your brake lights will be illuminated. That can be a good thing (ensuring you're seen on a quiet road, for example), but can also cause discomfort for the driver behind in traffic.