Which is better - the Skoda Octavia or Toyota Auris?

I'm wondering about the long-term prospects of a 2014 Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI DSG (which I'm being offered, at a low price) vs those of a 2015 Auris Hybrid (which I have). The Octavia is a few months older, but near enough half the mileage of the Auris (which itself has only done about 23,000 miles). The Octavia is mostly a higher spec and a sharper (if slightly less economical) drive. Would it be madness to swap my Auris for the Octavia?

Asked on 19 October 2020 by Chas

I'm a big fan of the Octavia - it's comfortable, practical and easy to drive. Toyota has a better reputation for reliability, but it was only marginally ahead of Skoda in our 2020 Satisfaction Index: www.honestjohn.co.uk/honest-john-satisfaction-inde.../

The Octavia hatch and Octavia Estate both performed strongly for reliability in the list of best models: www.honestjohn.co.uk/honest-john-satisfaction-inde...s
Tags: used cars