How do I get my car's radio code?

My mum has a 2004 Ford Focus Estate. The battery was disconnected and now it needs a radio code entered. Can you help?

Asked on 17 July 2018 by Elizabeth White

You need a serial number to get the code to unlock the radio. Hold the 1 and 6 button to get your serial number, it should start with an M or a V followed by 6 or 7 digits. If this isn't what is appearing on your screen then try button 2 and 6 instead. If this still doesn't work then you may have to take the radio out and read the serial number off of the radio label. If you have a serial number starting with M, go to this site (if you don't want to pay £1, you'll have to wait about 20-30 mins though): www.pumapeople.com/decode.php

If it starts with a V then this online unlocking service charges 99p: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Radio-Unlock-Code-M-V-Seri...5
Tags: radio codes