Ford Mondeo ghia x.2.5 v6 - petrol consumption - eddyboy

a 2001 model,bought 5 months ago.drives fine.just had top service.bosch plugs,ford oil filter,ford petrol filter,& pollen filter,full synthetic oil.drives great,im hearing lots of differant stories about round town petrol consumption,none of which are the same,i know shouldnt worry about petrol if you bought v6,car has done 80,000mls,ford service history full,the digital miles per gallon clock is reading 20 mls to the gallon or 5litres.driving very carefull.can i rely on thisdigi clock,most people are saying they get 28mls to gal round town,or are they dreaming,or have i a fault thats not showing up.thanks.

Ford Mondeo ghia x.2.5 v6 - petrol consumption - unthrottled

28mls to gal round town,or are they dreaming

If 28 mpg around town is the norm, the V6 would be more common than it is!

Figure on 20 round town, 30 on a run, 25 combined. As with so many things, there's always the temptation to take the best result and call it the 'average'. Also, town driving really means stop-start driving from cold. Trundling through a clear 30 zone in fifth isn't really 'urban' driving.

Ford Mondeo ghia x.2.5 v6 - petrol consumption - elekie&a/c doctor

I have had 4 of these v6 mondeo models (all manual transmission).Around town I would get between 20-24 mpg.On a run,if you keep the engine revs between 2500 and 2750 ,I would get over 30 mpg.If you exploit all the performance,then sub 20 is easily obtainable.hth

Ford Mondeo ghia x.2.5 v6 - petrol consumption - 190e.2.6
I have a v6 golf, and the mpg readout is often way off the mark, I reckon your best clocking it from the pump on your odometer .

Having said that 24 round town is a distant dream for me, that mondeo engine must be more frugal than this vw lump.

Keep the v6 dream alive.