accident - Thanks to an unknown biker - oldroverboy

Last friday evening I was walking crossing the road at a traffic lights with SWMBO, and a scooter rider didn't stop for the red light, (a biker at the head of the queue had, as well as 2 cars), and a young lady on her scooter came throught the red light and hit my wife, throwing her to the ground. She shouted at my wife and rode off. The biker, said wait here and rode off after the scotter rider and by fair means or foul made her come back quite quickly, but there were other witnesses who got the registration number anyway. I didn't get the bikers name, but a big thank you, and also a big THANKS to the ambulance and the police who were very quickly there, They even came to the hospital to take a statement! Thankfully after x rays, she was released with some interesting bruises now developing!

I believe that our finest are talking about throwing books....

Edited by OldRoverboy on 01/12/2011 at 17:07

accident - Thanks to an unknown biker - Bobbin Threadbare

Glad your wife isn't too badly hurt ORB.

That scooter driver committed a well-populated list of offences there; she deserves some legal comeback!

You could write to your local paper to thank that biker.

accident - Thanks to an unknown biker - Avant

So glad to hear that YoungRovergirl didn't break anything. Bikers (as in motorbikers) are a loyal fraternity and usually - as here - very considerate to other road users.

accident - Thanks to an unknown biker - TeeCee

>a young lady on her scooter came throught the red light

She wasn't Dutch by any chance? Dutch scooter riders stop for nothing and happily scatter pedestrians and cyclists to the wind. They are totally blind to traffic signals and road markings / signage. I reckon most of 'em have the throttle replaced with an on/off switch and the brakes removed.

I often see a cluster of spectators and police at a junction here, indicating that another scooter rider has just found out that scooters do not come with a shield of invulnerability after all.

accident - Thanks to an unknown biker-Not so unknown now - oldroverboy

He actually gave his number to someone who passed it on to us, so we have been able to text a message and say thanks for going after the young "lady".

I was a (not very good) biker in my younger days, and when I am driving and see one coming up behind in my mirrors signal left briefly and move over a bit to let them past. Don't know his name yet but he will be invited for some of youngrovergirls home cooking!

anyway a real credit to our motorcycling fraternity!

accident - Thanks to an unknown biker - mss1tw

The biker, said wait here and rode off after the scotter rider and by fair means or foul made her come back quite quickly,

We're not all bad. We can even use our brake horse powers for good....:-P

Hope your wife is on the mend.

accident - Thanks to an unknown biker - oldroverboy

We're not all bad. We can even use our brake horse powers for good....:-P

No, Most are good, most are excellent, and most are aware of their own mortality, which is why i stopped biking when advised by my doctor, but this is one biker who is going to be seriously thanked for his good samaritan act! youngrovergirl is fine, back to work next week, but as she is a doctor/surgeon herself it was interesting for her to see the other side of a&e, and no she didn't get preferential treatment! but grateful all the same for being cared for so swiftly!

Happy motoring to all.

Edited by OldRoverboy on 02/12/2011 at 18:45

accident - Thanks to an unknown biker - injection doc

Glad recoverying ok. Outcome could of been so much worse, really please biker caught the other one up. Hope they get the book thrown at them.

NHS does take some beating on the whole.