Reader's Marketing Survey - pr1888

Hi All,

If you haven't filled it in please feel free add your opinions as all are welcome it will only take a few minutes. The more people fill it in the more representative the results will be.

Thanks to those who have taken the time to fill in my survey, I hope you found it interesting and easy to fill in.

The survey covers how happy you are with your franchised dealer, brand reliability, servicing, whats your next car and how much will you be lookng to spend.

Thanks

Paul

Hi,

Just looking at the stats of the survey so far, it seems over two thirds of you are happy with your dealerships which is an extremely good figure please follow the link and tell us why.

Thanks

You are a happy lot! - pr1888

Hi,

From the survey so far you guys are a happy lot or that cars have improved immensely as over 85% of you would buy the same brand again or recommend it to others. Are you keeping your cars longer?

Please fill in the survey as your opinions are important and I will be passing on my overall findings to honestjohn.

Thanks again to those who have taken the time to fill it in.

Paul

Reader's Marketing Survey - P3t3r

It's difficult for me to fill it in because I haven't got a clue what my next car will be. It's likely to be a model that doesn't exist yet.

I would consider any brand, and any price range. I look for the right car, not the right brand. At the moment there is no car out there that fulfils all of my needs. My current car comes close, but is compromised in many ways such as having horrific visibility, which IMO is really bad when older cars were so much better.

From a dealers point of view cars are just boxes on wheels. A new car may be a customers pride and joy, but the dealer will still get the cheapest person they can to valet it, not bother checking the tyre pressures, and deliver it with scuffs marks in places. As a customer I know it's probably not worth the hassle of getting minor defects fixed, so I'm just grateful that it's nothing more serious.

I hate car salesmen! They're only interested in selling you stuff.

I don't agree with the question about the quality of a brand. Different brands can even sell the same cars with a different name eg. 500/KA. Others sell very similar cars with different quality levels eg. 500/Panda. The quality should be associated with a specific model rather than a brand.

Hi P3t3r,

Thanks for your comments, I agree the Peugeot/Citroen & the Toyota Aygo are build in the same factory and I would presume all to the same standard but from a reliability point of view i'd go with the Toyota if I did't know that. The ka & 500 are the same yet with questionable reliability/bodywork etc on previous fiats i'd go for the ka. This might help the car companies but if you are worried about quality eg renault and nissan, my opinion is that renault is beset with electrical problems and nissan used to be bland but would run forever, now i wouldn't buy a quashqai as its related to renault. It's becoming more like the tv's built in Turkey and a different screen put on each one to suit the brand.

Most dealers have to adopt the customer is king approach its the second most expensive purchase many of us will make after the mortgage. A good experience and you will go back a bad one and you won't. The problem is for manufacturers to standardise the dealer experience and thats not easy.

I take on board your comments on car salesmen, i have been there and seen the pressures they are under to get numbers and sell the customer anything. However those that sell the customer what the want and follow my simple tips and thats sell them the right shape, model, engine size and colour and they wont go too far wrong.

Dealers have to put more research into what the customer wants and sell them based on that specific need. However from the survey many people and I was surprised are happy with their brand/model.

If I can be of any further help please ask.

regards

Paul

Hi,

Just some feedback, 2/3 of you are happy with your current franchised dealer, 85% think that their cars are excellent or good in terms of reliability of brand, nearly 80% of you would buy the same brand again.

Do you think the same if you haven't added your comments please take the time to do so.

Thanks

Paul