Motoring Related Photos Vol 2. [Read only] - Pugugly

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 3 *****

Please post you motoring related photos in here. Feel free to link through to a photo sharing website. No dodgy or "artistic" photos - anything dubious will be removed. No links to other websites if you can avoid it and no video sharing websites please. Usual moderation rules apply.

Previous Volumes:-

Volume one

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 24/11/2009 at 19:06

Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - ifithelps
tinyurl.com/yhoqr58

The above is - I hope - a link to a pic of the CC3 outside my caravan in leafy North Yorkshire.

I've posted it mainly to see if I can work the software - first time I've used one of the image hosting sites.

Would anyone else care to post a pic of their car?

I'd be curious to see the vehicles belonging to regular posters I've been reading about in the past year or so.

Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - Manatee
tinyurl.com/ygtjmlx

The two I own are in the HJ album. The Meilenwerk album (a storage/display facility in Berlin) has some of the cars I'd like to own.

Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - Harleyman
A slideshow of the GMC being renovated last year.... the other trucks, sadly, are not mine! :-(

tinyurl.com/yzpfxju

And here's some of the Harleys;

tinyurl.com/ygby5mk

tinyurl.com/ygtg8qc
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - Robbie
Pic of my Accord Tourer outside my holiday home in France.

i177.photobucket.com/albums/w231/Robbie34_photo/Ac...g
Manatee,

Is that your Eriba in the pic? I'm thinking of returning to caravanning and I'm looking seriously at an Eriba - Triton 420 - possibly. Want something lightweight and easy to move when travelling alone. Going to sell my holiday home next year - hopefully.

Grateful for any thoughts about one.
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - Bagpuss
Some piccies for the W124 fetishists out there.

tinyurl.com/ylgc58d
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - bathtub tom
This one's for Harleyman.

I reckon he hankers after one really ;>)

tinyurl.com/ycmndbq
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - Manatee
Yours, bathtub?

Robbie, you have mail.
>>Yours, bathtub?

Yup. I'm in the passenger seat.
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - perro
Here's a foto of my metallic black 5 door hatchback Almera complete with plastic wheeltrims ~
www.flickr.com/photos/43576259@N04/
You can double click ze pic to enlarge - same with ifithelps fine photo.
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - Rattle
i167.photobucket.com/albums/u141/amazingtrade/P104...g

My car parked outside the caravan we hired in Anglesey. Since the picture was taken I have resprayed the scruffy wheel trims and sorted the arches so they are blacker.
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - gordonbennet
i48.tinypic.com/2rppa3t.jpg

Much cussing over photobucket here so i've linked this via tinypic, hopefully it'll work.

Not a great pic, miserable day here.

My 124 in the fore and swmbo's pick up aft.
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - redviper
that Corsa, looks in really good contition, really well cared for :-)
Here's a foto of my metallic black 5 door hatchback Almera complete with plastic wheeltrims

Are you colourblind as well? :(
I reckon he hankers after one really ;>)

No thanks Tom! When the present Mrs. H arrived on the scene she brought one with her; as was well documented at the time it expired in somewhat expensive fashion; whilst my dislike of the beasts is purely from an aesthetic point of view hers is a deep-seated antipathy borne of three years of suffering, which I suspect will take years to regress.

FWIW, if the rest of the car was as good all the time as the engine was when it was in the mood, it'd be a world-beater!
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Nice one Bagpuss - a REAL Mercedes and a coupe too!
Thanks AS. I think there are a few E320 Coupe owners on this forum, e.g. gordonbennet. The W124 Coupes are fabulous old cars and offer a unique driving experience for the price of a new Perodua something or other. Having spent 6 months searching for mine I wish I could say I would never even think of selling it. However, a while ago I saw an immaculate W126 560SEC for sale...

Edited by Bagpuss on 23/11/2009 at 18:05

Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - maz64
Don't get too excited:
i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae173/focushj/DSCF0010...g

(bit of SWMBO's Colt also visible)
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - Andy P
Here's mine at Sankey Valley Park:

i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd147/ULVRS/BMW335dSE....g
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - gordonbennet
Andy P's car wins my vote for most handsome car so far.
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - Alby Back
All very well GB but it'd be nae use for tip runs.....

;-)
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - Altea Ego
Three pics of the Altea on its travels,

AND

As a bonus (for the prettiest cars pictures award) 4 FABULOUS looking classic cars snapped in Madiera this year

www.flickr.com/photos/44857212@N05/
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - Lud
The black Citroen is I do believe a Light Six, one of my all-time dream cars. Instantly jumps to first place in my book AE.

I published a photo of my car at the beginning of September among those Carnival shots.
Nice pics comrade Altea taken with the S5800 - I bought the same camera on your recc :)
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - old crocks
Great looking cars. Do you know which route they took? Lisbon to Madeira sounds like just a long boat trip!
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - boxsterboy
AND
As a bonus (for the prettiest cars pictures award) 4 FABULOUS looking classic cars snapped
in Madiera this year

They like their old Peugeots out there, don't they. Not only a nice 203 convertible, but a lovely old 504 saloon in the background still doing sterling service on the taxi ranks. (No salt on the roads I s'pose must help the longevity of the 504)
All very well GB but it'd be nae use for tip runs.....

Something the GMC excels at; one of the guys at our local recycling centre is a confirmed Yank fan, meaning I get away with dumping stuff that others don't! ;-)
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - Avant
tinyurl.com/yeahy6b

Nothing special about a well-travelled Skoda - but just let's see - given that I'm on the hard shoulder of the information super-highway - if this works.

{Original link replaced with one that works - DD}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 24/11/2009 at 01:06

Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - 1400ted
What an interesting thread....you folks have some luvverly motors out there.
I posted a pic of the Jowett on the Starter Motor thread.
Here's one of the Renault Fourgonette...she's up for sale at the moment as I've got lots of other things to do.

tinyurl.com/y8g7ulp

Ted
Here's one to make Rattle drool...I put it back together for a customer after he'd taken the front offside corner off on a lamp-post....mid 80s, I think.....hehe

tinyurl.com/y9sn6w9

Ted
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - DP
Here's one to make Rattle drool...

At a quick glance, whatever that is leant against the wall behind the car looks like some kind of Max Power spoiler add-on. ;-)

My aunt had one of these and it just refused to die. Bits fell off it, the tin worm was running out of tin to munch on, but it still started, ran and drove just fine with starship mileage (200 odd k) on the clock.
Wow that is in great condition for a 4 year old Lada. It must be one of the very very first Rivas imported into the UK. My grandad had a Y reg Lada but it was one of the FIAT clones and came complete with a starting handle!

My grandad also had a C reg Riva Special Edition which looked very similar to yours with the same spoiler. It came complete with a sunroof and an alarm.

My dad had two, both 1200s, one a B reg and one an E reg. It was two too many.
At a quick glance whatever that is leant against the wall behind the car looks
like some kind of Max Power spoiler add-on. ;-)

Ha Ha...very good...IIRC, we were having a lot of flagging done, just look at the old path, I think what you can see are 2X2 concrete flags leaning against next door's garage !

Should have gone to Specsavers ! :-)

Ted
if this works.

Not for me - blank page :-(
works for me - wish it didnt tho.
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - oldgit
Here's one of my new Golf taken in better weather conditions.

i46.tinypic.com/fef8ep.jpg
Avant,

Link gives me a blank page as well.

Looks like it works for some, but not for others.

I see pics from the mods are noticeably absent so far.

Come on, gents, we know most of you have got cameras.
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - oldgit
And one better one of my MK6 Golf.

i45.tinypic.com/2qkiezk.jpg
works for me - wish it didnt tho.

opps I was answering the wrong post with the wrong comment.

Avant, its false tinyurl link
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - M.M
Don't take many pics of the car but here is my Mondeo III Ghia X on tug duties travelling to our Scottish holiday cottage last year.

i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg72/SealgairC420/Mond...g

Edited by M.M on 22/11/2009 at 18:47

Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - PhilW
OK this is cheating, but you might be able to spot my Berlingo in the background of photos of some of the cars I have driven this year!! (forgot to take a photo of he rather battered V reg Saxo!!)
s33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/PhilRW/Cars/

Yes, I'm a bit of a saddo, taking pics of "cars I have driven"
Phil
I looked at those cars without reading your message and I was thinking which famous member of HJ are you :p Then I realised they weren't your cars :).

If I have taken all the pictures of cars I have driven it would be more boring than catching swine flu.
I thought I would post two pictures of 'Rattle' my first ever car I bought before I passed my test.

I realise I had parked on a white line, but the garage was not in use at the time and it was only parked there for a few minutes.

i167.photobucket.com/albums/u141/amazingtrade/fies...g

i167.photobucket.com/albums/u141/amazingtrade/engi...g

Edited by Rattle on 22/11/2009 at 19:55

That Fester doesn't look too bad from a distance. Presumably "Rattle" describes the noise made my the Endura engine.
It wasn't an Endura engine, it was an HCS. Very similar but had a weaker camshaft and only single point injection where the Endura was multipoint. My next Fiesta was an Endura.

The bodywork was actually sound and it flew through the MOT, cost £90 inc the cert as the brakes needed some adjustment. Sadly it used 1 litre of oil per 100 miles and only passed the MOT due to putting a load of stop smoke into it first.

It was called rattle because the chain (although tiny) used to make an awful rattle until the oil started to circulate. I suspect the oil pump was a bit lazy which then wrecked the engine although it did have more than 100k on the clock. I do regret not having a new block put in as the bodywork was fairly sound but at the time it was an 11 year old car with no history it wasn't worth it. Sold it for £60 with 10 months MOT on the clock, although it was a none starter.

Car then had a new owner, two months later it was scrapped, probably when that trader sold it them after some how bodging it to get some compression back.

Edit also the tappets sound fairly quiet, my dad has 1.3 Endura in his Fiesta Ghia it has done 85k and is near silent at the tip end. My last Fiesta (also an Endura) sounded like a tractor though!

Edited by Rattle on 22/11/2009 at 20:16

Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - PhilW
Looks a heck of a lot better than first car I bought!!
1949 Sunbeam Talbot bought in 1969 (with a bit of rust included but boy did it go!!)
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - captain chaos
Here's one of mine. Roll on summer..... tinyurl.com/yeoxnqk
"Avant, its false tinyurl link."

It's the one given me following the Webmaster's instructions above. Any idea why it's 'false'?
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - daveyjp
Do a search on the Jaguar website approved cars for an X type SE estate in Chili Red with Barley interior!
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - Dynamic Dave
It's the one given me following the Webmaster's instructions above. Any idea why it's 'false'?

The link takes us to a directory on your hard drive, and also provides people with your real name. You need to host the photo on one of the many free websites out there, and then provide a link there instead.

I've doctored the link to make non clickable - post a revised one and I'll edit it in for you.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 22/11/2009 at 20:40

Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - b308
Here's one of Winnie the Maxi with some of his friends at the Moggie Club's Rally at Witley Court earlier in the year!

tinyurl.com/y8bdo4f
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - mike hannon
>Here's one of Winnie the Maxi with some of his friends at the Moggie Club's Rally at Witley Court earlier in the year!<

Hey, that's really nice! Last time I was at Witley Court was about 40 years ago. It was completely derelict.
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - b308
Witley Court earlier in the year!<
Last time I was at Witley Court was about 40 years
ago. It was completely derelict.

It still is, I suppose... they've cleaned it all up and you can now walk round the shell... their main "claim to fame" is that they've done up the gardens and the big fountain now works again... and the church is still regarded as Britain's finest Baroque church and worth a visit.
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - Marc4Six
Here's some pictures of my current and previous car.

tinyurl.com/y886kdk
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - LikedDrivingOnce
This isn't actually my car, because I won't waste film on it on principle, but it is the spitting image of the "polished turd" that is the object of my disfavour.

tinyurl.com/yz6avwa

(+1 vote for Andy P's car as the most beautiful so far.)

Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - lotusexige
Mine at Holyhead on a trip to Ireland

tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2w50ivs&s=6
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - Andy P
I always knew the people on this forum had good taste :-)
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - Lou_O
Here's a pic of our Pajero, the day we sold it.

img690.yfrog.com/i/img0414j.jpg/

The amount of fun we had with that car, it's definitely in the top 3 cars I've ever owned.

Edit: one more for the road :)

img69.yfrog.com/i/img0419r.jpg/

Edited by Lou_O on 23/11/2009 at 10:11

Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - sierraman
We did this a while ago,I suppose many have changed vehicles since then.Not me though,although I have changed a few bits of metal.Now approaching its 20th first registration day,5/12/89.

tinyurl.com/ykh3nnl
Ere's me previous car with some blond from Essex I met some time ago ...
www.flickr.com/photos/43576259@N04/?saved=1
Oh, OK then...

tinyurl.com/yln9rvs
Mike, we need your username and password to view this!
Found her wandering round dartmoor? They have fleas and ticks you know.
www.oilrag.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ludscar.jpg

Thanks to oilrag... posted before.

There are a lot of these about. They look good in black and in blue.

See the parking dinge just behind the rear light? There's an identical one on the other side. Scars from Islington, before my time. Keep meaning to ask, just out of curiosity, how much a decent honest body shop would charge to pull them out and touch up the paint. Too much probably.
Probably no point, as soon as you spend a fortune getting it fixed some twit will just crash into you in a car park.

I am amazed that you actually seem to have ample parking on your road :). Maybe that idiot who got his car blown up should have parked down there.
You ought to see it today Rattle. Not a car to be seen in this block. But no work going on. All the cars parked on top of each other round the corner.
Its the same where I am, sometimes impossible to park other times not a car in site. Its pretty bad today due to localised flooding.
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - John R @ Work {P}
Hi Chaps and Chapesses,

Here is my current ride:-
tinyurl.com/yahehkt

John R
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - tyro
Here's my pride and joy.

tinyurl.com/yeruee8

Plus four classics which aren't mine - taken on holiday in America. Can anyone identify them?
Car 3 is an Avanti - a real rare bird. Originally built (unsuccessfully) by Studebaker, then a succession of private owners of the tooling. They were first launched in about 1962 and were certainly still in some sort of production in the mid-1980s.
Very small pics but I would guess car 1 is a Plymouth, car 2 is a Packard, and 4 is a Studebaker. Probably miles out

Edited by Altea Ego on 23/11/2009 at 12:49

Very small pics

not if you click on them (in case that was a serious comment)
>> Very small pics
not if you click on them (in case that was a serious comment)

Ok first one is a 55 Ford Fairlane
>>Very small pics

RF, if you click on them, you should get a big pic.

(By the way, I liked the pics of your Altea!)
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - bell boy
i agree with ae on the packard
lovely car those
and 4 is a 1950 chevrolet
lovely car those

Yes, Packards are great. But that isn't one.
Car 1 is a Ford (Fairlane I think). 2 is Chrysler Corporation, Chrysler or De Soto, but it looks fairly heavily customised to me. Car 3 is indeed the Studebaker Avanti; Car 4 is a Chevrolet.
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Years ago but I really enjoyed this car, circa 1973.

tinyurl.com/y9mo26c

If we're going historical, here's my first non-motorbike:

microcarmuseum.com/tour/scootacar1.html
If we're going historical here's my first non-motorbike:

NOW I know why you like Kia Prides! ;-)
Car 1 is a Ford (Fairlane I think). 2 is Chrysler Corporation Chrysler or De

Soto but it looks fairly heavily customised to me. Car 3 is indeed the Studebaker
Avanti; Car 4 is a Chevrolet.

Thanks, and well done, Lud - and also Mike & AE.

Number 2 is clearly the mystery car - It dates to about 1940 or 41. I suspect that you are right about it being customised. My googling indicates it might be a Chevrolet rather than a Chrysler.

I guess the other question is whether 3 is a genuine Studebaker Avanti, or a post-Studebaker Avanti, i.e. an Avanti II. Is it possible to tell them apart?
it might be a Chevrolet rather than a Chrysler.

Yes, perhaps. Despite the apparent customising it has that real crossover 30s/40s look. I was thinking earlier perhaps after all a Buick. But before the mid forties I do get a bit lost, although some of the cars from that period are sublime looking, last shout of the thirties killed off by the war.

In Ceylon in the forties, my father had an early-forties American sidevalve Ford V8, a sort of stark colonial four-door fastback. Powerful but sick-making, tyres squealed on all corners. The army had a couple of fabulous huge black Cadillacs of the period inherited from the Americans after the Pacific war. Went up to school in one once, the Colonel's son being at the same school. 160 miles of two-lane blacktop.

I'm lucky I know.

Edited by Lud on 23/11/2009 at 23:38

Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - FullaFlava
3.bp.blogspot.com/_tlkJeXKJmL4/RivQ99EinCI/AAAAAAA...G

Jaguar XJR6 on a P plate with Auto Box.
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - AshT
Here are the current Ash family transports: -

tinyurl.com/ycjxhet

tinyurl.com/yc8hg9t
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - 007
Yours truly as seen in my most recent film:

tinyurl.com/yd5qgla

Here is some pics of my beast

tinyurl.com/ye4ngrn

tinyurl.com/ydd7622

tinyurl.com/y9ypuuc

its great, but needs a wash in these pics
Looks in pretty good condition, I quite like those later Vectras, seem very good value for money.
Thanks Rattle :-) i should have washed it 1st before taking them pics

they are extremley good value for money, that one is 3 years old <25k, and cost me (with 1.5k trade in) just 5.5k considering they cost over 18k new
redviper,

Bleak background to the pics - somewhere up in the wilds of Teesdale or Weardale?

Bleak background to the pics - somewhere up in the wilds of Teesdale or Weardale?

Nearly, its the North Yorkshire Dales, on the back road between Reeth, and Leyburn to be precise. for somewhere thats normally deserted, everytime i went onto the road with my camera, someone drove by. lol
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - bbroomlea{P}
I thought I should add my fleet!

tinyurl.com/yjng45o

tinyurl.com/yztkrn6

tinyurl.com/ykamlvj

tinyurl.com/yk2d3vm
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - wazza
Here is a pic of my M5 on the day i bought it

www.flickr.com/photos/13727793@N04/1398334267/
I never realised just how very practical this car was, having only ever observed it from the outside.
One of your pics has the caption "Note picnic table behind front seat ".
That is well cool!
The pictures were posted on the flickr website for my young nephews to view. They live 100 miles away so was trying to impress these critics.

Ever since i had this car i have been popular with the kids. They all want me to take them for rides cos it is a seven seater. Also am used as a taxi service to airports. As the eldest i find it hard to refuse them. Promise myself my nextr car will be a smart car, hope they will leave me in peace :-)

Edited by wazza on 23/11/2009 at 23:11

I'm afraid I was a bit disappointed - when you said M5 I was expecting a muscular BMW :-)

Nice though.
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - Pugugly
And me too man.
Me too. But no blame as the I Ching says...
I'm afraid I was a bit disappointed - when you said M5 I was expecting
a muscular BMW :-)
Nice though.

>>

Yeah i did that on purpose. Amazing how much a person gets interested when i say i drive a M5.
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - AlastairW
Pedant mode on/

That'd be a Vanquish. In the most recent films you drove a DBS..
tinyurl.com/yeahy6b

Maybe it'll work this time - DD, thanks for your offer of help, which this may still need!

Yep, it works. I'll edit in to your original post as well - DD

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 24/11/2009 at 01:05

Yes Avant it works. The best colour for the Skoda and the best way to disguise the plate on the Z3.
Nice brace of cars, Avant.
That's an attractive shade of blue on the Estate - which is a REAL one, not one of these "lifestyle" imposters! :-)

The Z3 is one heckuva toy. Great car - Great photo. What a lovely setting. Where was it, may I ask?
Many thanks, LDO. Real estate indeed, and £6,000 cheaper than a 'lifestyle' A4 Avant with the same engine (2.0 CR TDI 170). I loved the A4 that I had a few years ago but that was a 2.5 TDI V6.

The Z3 (sat on by my god-daughter) was on the Isle of Purbeck in Dorset, on the hills above Kimmeridge and Tyneham (which was commandeered by the military in 1943 with a promise to return it after the war - promise shamefully never kept). But a wonderful view indeed.

Edited by Avant on 24/11/2009 at 00:45

Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - pinkpanther_75
tinyurl.com/yfrnagx

First one of these I've owned. Quite a change from the 4 previous Skoda's and a few unexpected reliability issues (hopefully all sorted now).
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - pinkpanther_75
Got me started now ! It's been a while since I looked at Photobucket and I'd forgoten what was one there.

Last few cars:

tinyurl.com/ycaz2zv
(I had 2 of these - very underated)

tinyurl.com/ybsjptb
(this didn't last long. Nice car but strangely unsatisfying)

tinyurl.com/ydj9rz5
(has this remapped by Revo and suprised a few boy racers!)

tinyurl.com/y94xrtm
(current family car - can't wait for the lease to end as we've had loads of problems with it)
Here's a pic of my car, how about one of yours? - SpamCan61 {P}
May as well use this thread as my first attempt at linking to a web image I uploaded via Picasa, so here's my current bangernomcis Vectra, looking uncharacteristically clean:-

picasaweb.google.co.uk/spamcan61/RandomStuff#slide...8

Edited by SpamCan61 {P} on 24/11/2009 at 14:55